• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT Caparison, Ibanez, Dillion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
2006 Caparison Angelus HGS in trans black. Currently loaded with an EMG 85/81 combo. Comes with the original hardshell case. It's not mint and has some bumps, but it's an absolutely fantastic playing and sounding guitar. $2,000 USD.

OutsideHGS2.jpg

ArchAngel4.jpg

Ibanez Prestige RGA321F. 5 piece maple/walnut neck, mahogany body, flamed maple top. Currently loaded with dual EMG 85's. It has some bumps and polishing swirls, but nothing through the finish. Comes with the original hardshell case. $900

IMG_1468-1.jpg

Dillion PRS Copy. $250

0831091544.jpg

0831091545a.jpg

As far as trades I'm interested in ESP Horizon NT-II's, Caparison Dellingers, ESP M-I's, ENGL Savage 120's, Splawn Nitro's, Ibanez Prestige SZ's....and am open to other offers as well.

Yeah I thought so too.

I was thinking about tempting you with one of my horizons one brown and one blue but then I remembered that you used to have one. Guess the horizons are better :mrgreen:

Which is no surprise to me, since I got my first horizon nt ll I have sold off everything else and bought another one. These are simply like custom made for me, best guitars I've played in 20+ years.

I go back and forth with selling the Caparison. It's absolutely amazing, but I'm a pretty big guy and just feel more comfortable on 25.5" scale guitars. If Caparison offered a longer scale Angelus I'd be all over it. The honest truth though is if it doesn't sell it wouldn't break my heart, I love the guitar, but if someone wants it they'll get a killer guitar and I'll move on to something else.

As far as quality, the Angelus blows my old Horizon out of the water (which isn't knocking ESP, the Angelus is more than twice the cost of a Horizon) but again it's a 25.5" scale guitar, has a tune-o-matic bridge, and the neck has some beefiness which I like. Ideally I'd end up unloading these guitars and pick up a Caparison Dellinger, a Horizon, and some road cases for my amps.

Dude I've never played a caparison but was thinking about buying one with out testing since these guitars get raving reviews and all who play them swear by them.

Could you tell me what is the main difference between the dellinger, horus and the angelus. And just out of curiosity one of my horizons plus how much $.

Thanx

Geiri

Hey Geiri,

The Dellinger is a 24 fret 25.5" scale bolt on super strat that sports a maple neck, ebony board, mahogany body and is available as a fixed bridge or trem equipped guitar. It's also available in H/H and H/S/S pickup configurations.

The Horus is a 27 fret 24.75" scale bolt on guitar that has a maple neck, rosewood or ebony board, mahogany body and is only available with a trem.

The TAT (Through And Through) is a 24 fret 25.5" scale neck-thru super strat with a maple neck, ebony board, and the body is made of alder. This is only available with a trem.

The Angelus is a 24 fret 24.75" scale set neck PRS/Les Paul. It looks like a PRS, but is thick like a LP. It has a mahogany body and neck, ebony board, maple top, and is available as the cheaper HGS that has a flat finish and no inlays or the HGS GM like mine that has inlays, the fancy top, and schaller bridge.

If you wanted to trade I'd do it for a Horizon plus $1,000 on your end.

-Juan

Latest posts

Back