• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: '92 dual rectifier rev c (R0028) - europe//us//aussie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suedehead

Reaction score
the amp is currently in europe, but i'm willing to ship to US, Europe & DownUnder.

i have a '92 dual rec rev c (110v) up for sale. the bowels of the beast (and chasis) are in excelent condition, the head shell has some minor dings and a fair bit of scuffing on the bottom of the cab, but not visible. the amp recently got a check up, i believe a month or two/three ago (i have a service rapport - however in dutch) and i had EL34's placed instead of 6L6, the latter were still in good condition, will ship both EL34 and 6L6 valves ... a footswitch is also included in the deal. this amp comes with the original 110v transformer, however buyers in europe get a free used step down transformer included in the deal.

i'm going for €2000,- (excl shipping), which basicly comes down to +- $2560,- (us price goes down if the dollar gets stronger)
i know it is a lot of money, but i think the amp is totally worth it.
however i will consider any reasonable offer.

i will talk with the buyer concerning couriers, to cut costs as much as possible.
however, i prefer to ship w/ insurance.

i'm parting with this amp because i want to go back to school.

for more information (tranny serials etc), pictures (rev, overall condition) or questions e-mail me at engle660 at yahoo dot com.

I own #29 C, it is a great amp, much better than the regular 2 channels DR and also a bit better than my other pre-500 #406 D

Kung-Fool said:
That's my old amp. Good luck.
hey,
a few months a go i did a search on the serial and found this topic: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19663&hilit=r0028
:wink: you obviously kept the amp in very good condition. and it still is today. it's a great sounding monster, i must admit that putting it up for sale leaves me with mixed emotions ... but, i could use the money to have some extra's when i go back to school, so...

Afbeelding011.jpg

Afbeelding010.jpg

Afbeelding009.jpg

Afbeelding008.jpg

Afbeelding007.jpg

Afbeelding001.jpg

4000 Australian Dollars, right. but 1AUD is only worth €0.50.
today €2000 = $2560

come on people, this is an amazing sounding amp + it's in overall good condition.
recently serviced + 2 sets of valves and footswitch.

i'm going for €2000,- (excl shipping), which basicly comes down to +- $2560,- (us price goes down if the dollar gets stronger)
i know it is a lot of money, but i think the amp is totally worth it.
however i will consider any reasonable offer.

53530234_3-mesa-boogie-dual-rectifi.jpg

53530234-mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier.jpg

53530234_2-mesa-boogie-dual-rectifi.jpg

+ a picture of the leather scuffing on the bottom side of the cab.
Afbeelding005.jpg

come on people!! this amp is in amazing condition. 2 set of poweramp valves included in the deal.

You can get a mint condition 90's dual rect in the US for like $950-1100. Is there something special about this model that warrants it being $2500?

What's special about the pre-500?

Wasn't there a "Pre-500 is a myth" post on this site like a year ago? Or was that for a different model?

paintballnsk said:
What's special about the pre-500?

Wasn't there a "Pre-500 is a myth" post on this site like a year ago? Or was that for a different model?

hey, can you have this debate in an other topic, maybe in the rectifiers section (or here). would be nice, btw there are other people also selling a rev c (same price) why don't you ask them. or read the boogiearchives. if it doesn't convince you, fine ... but leave it at that. i'm trying to sell something, so i can go back to school.

edit
dan & elpelotero ... thanx.

Well, i've written several times about it on this forum and i will repeat myself. I don't want to insult anyone here but those who claim that it is a myth that the pre-500 are better amps never played one or don't know about guitar tones. To me, all 2 channels Drs are good amps, I own 3 different revisions C-D-G but to me the older the better. I also have many musician friends who have a good ear for guitar tones and they ALL think the same about my 3 amps.

Latest posts

Back