Fitting a Quad into a Rack

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lopp

Reaction score
The top of the Quad seems to be raised to the point where other rack gear will not fit above it in the next available space and it will not fit in the top spot of the rack.

How do you guys deal with it? Leave the space above vacant? Mutiliate your rack? (which is what I did).

news to me . :?:

rack-1.jpg

What do you have above it ? does it have rubber feet on the bottom you can take off ?
Mine fits perfectly in 3 racks I have tried it in without any mods.
Is the top of your quad bent ? How is it raised exactually ?

something does not sound right.

Thanks for your input.

Jon and I may have a different series. Either that or maybe we can adjust the rack ears.

I'll try to post some pics.

There were 2 different circuits for the quad (one uses the FU2 the other uses the FU2A/FU3) but maybe they changed the chassis as well. I have the newer version and it fits fine in a 3 space rack.

Greg

Mine is the newer version, and it just sticks a hair above the 3 rack spaces, I could force something over it if needed, but I just leave half a space above it free. I have it fitted with all 8 rack screws and my rack could just have closer spacing (by a mm or so) than some other racks. It doesn't bother, but I have 2 free spaces in my rack as it is. My G-major is sitting right under it, so I didn't leave half a space free under it.

I remember mine also being a tight fit, to the point where I left a space above it.

If you lay your rack down, face up, you can loosen the screws of the installed rack pieces and shift things up and down a few mm, then set the screws in when things fit. If you're installing things with the rack in an upright position, gravity works against you for this maneuver.

I guess mine fit tight as well, because I left space above it. I don't really remember, maybe I was just leaving some breathing room. Sorry no pic, I don't have a way to upload to this forum. tt

been a while since i had mine, but i remember having to put everything in the rack without screws (laying on it's back) and working from each end... top piece, bottom, second from top, second from bottom etc... until i got to it and it kinda fit at that point. yes it's not the easist thing to line up.

dave

Back