"First Tracks" - groovy rock instrumental--MARK2B cranked

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
"First Tracks" - groovy rock instrumental with a custom strat

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/56312-1STTRACKS.mp3

'first tracks', is a term that skiers and riders use, who know the early morning powder is the best.

used a '81 boogie mark2b 60 watt head into a avatar vintage closed back cab and a roland 1x12

this was the very first recording i made with the new build.

my USACG strat project

USACG custom strat
strat1lv4.jpg

USACG body and neck.

body: lightweight Alder 2-piece, with a contoured heel, side jack, tummy route, fall-away cut out on the back side of the bottom bout for upper fret access.

neck: hardrock maple neck, with a pau ferro fingerboard. 6150 frets, 1-5/8" nut width. small fender-style headstock.

--Gibson scale length neck, 22 frets, fingerboard radius, of 12". the shape of the neck is a thin "C" shape, with a .78" neck thickness at the 1st fret, up to .85 at the 13th, mother of pearl dot inlays.
vintage truss with access at face of headstock.

headstock: tiltback design, 13 degrees, graphtech nut.

Bridge:Hipshot 6 String US Contour Tremolo Chrome with stainless tone bar.

pickups: humbucker-single-single, Bill Lawrence L-500L and L-280s (n & m)
Q filter for master tone, and a master volume. (500k pots)

Scratchplate: done by Warmoth, it's a slightly custom shape, with the 1st volume knob hole removed, and my luthier cut the hole for the Lawrence pickup (not a standard size) to match.

Paint: done by USACG custom guitars, it's all NITRO, and very very thin. I instructed them to make it as thin as possible, wear is not a concern to me.

KILLER!!! I loved the tune and the tones.......the guitar is beautiful as well!

thanks dodger
appreciate the listen

masques
thanks man. this song will ultimately be released on an all-instrumental album.....

got my new album uploaded to cdbaby weds, should be available late next week

Really nice track! Has a lot of sweet elements to it. Awesome tone too! This one's going on my IPOD!

It makes me want to start tone chasing!

Shadow.Se7en
hey, thanks for checking it out!

yes, tone chasing...

that's what i was doing with this recording.

the idea was to get the boogie to give me the character of the bridge humbucker, and then the neck pickup, without getting in the way of it with too much 'boogie' authority.

and it worked.
but i had to use lower gain settings on the amp, then goose things a bit with overdrive pedals.
that seems to make the amp more 'sensitive' to the actual tones on the guitar, versus imparting total control over the sound...which to me, is self defeating.

thanks again!

Latest posts

Back