"Allan's Resolve" (rock instrumental)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo

Reaction score
"Allan's Resolve" (rock instrumental)

http://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/bb10-allans-resolve

this is the last song off my newly minted album, "The Time is Magic"

this was inspired by allan holdsworth, and his 'resolve' to stay true to his guns, and make his music without compromise.
i knicked one lick (from an old UK song) and snuck it in there, just for pure plagairistic purposes.
:)

i had another studio guy in the DFW area, capture the drum performance by Brent Dacus, really talented drummer that does gig stew out there..
i had a demo sent out, and he played along with it...
then they sent me the drum tracks, and i played along with those, building the track up from scratch.

USACG custom strat #2
strat1lv4.jpg

i had just built this strat, and this is the 2nd thing i recorded with it.
used it for all the parts, just to see how far i could stretch tones on one instrument.

tonemachine.jpg

all guitars thru a '81 mesa mark2b head, into a Avatar 1x12 with celestion heritage g12H-55.
various mics on different parts, i had sm57's, adk hamburg, at4033, and shure ksm44...
running into a A Designs Audio MP-1 mic pre, into a dbx compressor, into a soundcard, mixed in sonar.

blaklynx

thanks for checking this one out!

yeah, the mix is dialed in for me, exactly the way i wanted it.

sometimes, i WANT the sore thumb to stick out!
LOL

loved this tune gonzo......and one of the things I love about your stuff is that you have your "go to gear" and "your sound" and you stick with it......i love that.....i used to do that and in recent years have continued to add and add and add stuff and I find myself always just scratching the surface of my gear vs. the older days when I stuck with things and could milk anything out of my rig because I knew it inside and out.

and just so you know I am currently downloading your new cd from amazon as we speak! looking forward to listening to everything.

thanks for checking it out, JUS

masque!
appreciate the kind words...
i'm really happy to have my old mark2b, it works for me on so many levels.
tho i am gassing for a TA-30 for the vox top boost sound....
or just get a AC-15 or 30?!
LOL

the solo tone, was recorded with a AT4033, off my Roland closed back 1x12 with a celestion g12 in it, which i thought was a greenback.

two nights ago i did speaker swaps between my two main 1x12 cabs.

and while doing so, i learned that what i thought was a greenback in my old main cab, is actually a late 70's or early 80's british G12C-30, which is rare as hens teeth.

it is unique, in that it has a 1.25" voice coil, and a 20 oz. magnet that is ceramic.

these days, the only way you can get a G12c, is to buy a Marshall Hendrix or vintage modern cab.
they do not sell these anywhere, they are specially made for marshall.
and i never knew this, until yesterday.
i've had 2 of those speakers since 1985.

LOL

celestiong12c30.jpg

pretty crappy looking, eh?
i love the sound of this thing.

wow cool story......and yes it sounds freaking fantastic.

masque
for years, i thought this was a straight up greenback (without the greenback.... complicated story, that greenback sucker.....) :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back