fired up my dual rectifier 3 channel, no sound

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messville

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
This is my first post here, wont be the last, really good board from the searches I have done.

I just bought a 3 channel dual rec built in the end of 2003.

I am new to mesa amps, had marshalls for 22 years, finally saw the light :D

Anyway, I have been through the manual multiple times before firing it up.

I set the channel knob to footswitch and the assign knob to loop on ( so that I can use the output knob on the front, I hope this is right, seemed to work ).

I set the settings on all the channels on various instant gratification settings from the manual just as a test and had the output and solo turned to zero.

I then plugged in the footswitch, the 16 ohm out jack into my 16 ohm mono input of one of my 1960 marshall cabs, triple checked everything then turned on power, waited approximately 3 minutes then turned on standby.

The led for the foot switch was on channel 2, so was the led for channel 2 on the amp, I checked that the foot switch worked going through all the channels,fx and solo, everything switched on the amp according to the footswitch ( I couldnt tell if the fx worked though as I had no effects patched into the loop or the solo as there was no sound).

I then slowly turned up the output and no sound at all.

I also turned up the solo, still no sound.

I went through and double checked I did everything right as far as I thought was correct but still nothing.

I continued with the solo and output knobs all the way up to 12:00 o clock and still nothing.

I then switched off standby, waited about a minute then switched off the amp.

I went through and checked everything again, everything looked ok, I then turned down the output knob, turned the power on, waited for about 2 minutes, turned on standby, didnt touch the foot switch this time, it was on channel 2 again, slowly turned up the output knob, now I have sound.

Did I do something wrong by playing with the foot switch ?

I dont see how but I could be wrong as I didnt do anything different the second time I fired it up except not touch the foot switch before turning up the output knob.

Basically what Im asking , is there a start up procedure or step that I missed causing the problem of no sound ?

Sorry for the newb question but this is my first dual rec and all my amps have been marshalls, 1st a valvestate, then 2 jcm900's and a transistor 50 watter as a practice amp and they have all been pretty much idiot proof, with the mesa Im a bit lost !

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Check V1 - if it has blown, everything will light up as normal but no sound..

Still haven't worked out why my Roadster has done it twice. Valve failure once is no surprise. Twice is more than a co-incidence

I ran into this at a gig once. Turned out somehow the effect loop send was turned all the way down. I had the loop assigned to the footswitch. I didn't matter if the loop was engaged or not, until I turned the loop send up = no volume for the rest of the amp.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a proper play today for about 3 hours, it didnt happen this time, fired up perfect first go.

Thanks for that Chester, good info in case that does happen I know what to check first.

Bjorn218 - The loop send knob is exactly like pictured in the manual, a little past normal ( about 1:00 o clock ) on the + side and the mix is on normal, 12:00 o clock, I will turn the loop send all the way up next time and see what happens.

Just another question for anyone who knows, when I turned the amp on today the FX and SOLO lights were on on the foot switch and channel 2 again was on on the amp but not lit up on the foot switch.

I didnt switch it off that way when I fired it up to test it the other day, is channel 2 the default channel when starting up the amp ?

And why were the FX and SOLO lights on ?

Could I possibly have a problem in the foot switch or inside the amp ?

By the way, what an awesome amp, wish I purchased one of these years ago, its so versatile and that modern mode on channel 3 blew me away, talk about gain !

Back