ESP The Eclipse

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltd2recto

Reaction score
I just bought an esp the eclipse for $500 and was wondering if anybody has any information on this guitar. Ive looked all over the net and didnt find anything. I did find it in an old guitar world & it says new for 95. Specifically, Id like to know if its made in japan or usa & what years they were made.

It's a les paul shape, says "The Eclipse" on the headstock, Floyd rose trem, bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 2 emg 81's, 1 vol 1 tone, dot inlays, thick flat top mahogany body, dark green color. I have no digital camera so sorry, no pics.

It sounds & plays like a dream so Im kinda confused why I cant find any info & why they sell so cheap.

Does it say ESP or LTD on the headstock? Also does it say "Eclipse", "Eclipse II", or "The Eclipse"?

Does it like like this one? http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/readersrigs/images/ebd_fists_of_fury/esp-eclipse_mk1-customs.jpg

If your guitar is an ESP its made in Japan. if its an LTD (ESP's affordible brand) its made in korea. I'm thinking you have a very early version of the Eclipse, maybe even predating the Eclipse 1 which was the pre-lawsuit version ESP was putting out. It is probably very close in spec to the Kirk Hammett ESP eclipse aside from the headstock. Upload some pics and let us have a look. BTW, $500 for an ESP in good shape is pretty **** good.

Yeah sounds to me like you have a pre-Eclipse I. In fact, the Eclipse before yours is a Tele. I'm not a fan of that particular Eclipse, the heel is too sculpted for my taste. I likes me a big fat Eclipse CTM I :twisted: That guitar has juice.

jdurso said:
Does it say ESP or LTD on the headstock? Also does it say "Eclipse", "Eclipse II", or "The Eclipse"?

Does it like like this one? http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/readersrigs/images/ebd_fists_of_fury/esp-eclipse_mk1-customs.jpg

Yes it looks like that pic except color. Sorry, I dont have a digital camera so I cant post picks. Its a nice dark green though with all black hardware. The one in the ad I seen looked like it had a quilted maple top but mine is all mahogany. Thank you both for takin the time to weigh in.

I was thinkin I'd seen these models go on ebay for about $500-600. What do these models usually go for?

I'll have to check out reviews for the kirk hammet models. And I actually like the neck heel sculpting. Really easy access to all 24 frets.

The one's you've seen for that price are probably LTDs... ESPs, especially early ESPs usually go for a decent $$. i would contact ESP and see if they can offer any information.

Latest posts

Back