EQ SLIDER NIB RESTORATION

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyball

Reaction score
Boogies loose some EQ nibs due to road use or abuse. My 60 watt Mark II b suffered the same, 4 out 5 nibs missing, i.e. no place for knobs.
Being in Europe and hating to change the original slider knobs, still working, I have performed the following:
- snapped the head off 4 thin nails;
- precision heat sunk them into the existing plastic in each slider, only halfway through;
- applied a tiny bit of super glue at the base of the nails in order to secure them into the holes;
- hand cut four nibs out of scrap plastic, same size as the original one;
- drilled holes the diameter of the nails into the hand cut nibs, with a Dremel drill; adjusting the nails length to that of the holes is a must;
- glued the new nibs into the nails with super glue, until they sat flush with the existing plastic on each slider.
Now they are ready to accept the missing EQ knobs.
Although it may sound complicated, some tooling ability and patience make it a one hour job and the end result is very good.

Would love to see pics. You should be able to select the "Img" tab in your text applet. This will give you "
". Put your link in between the inside brackets: i.e., "
"

Sounds like a good idea to avoid a costly repair of replacing the entire sliders. Would like to see some pics if possible.

Rick Mark2A said:
Sounds like a good idea to avoid a costly repair of replacing the entire sliders. Would like to see some pics if possible.
I've got the pictures in photobucket, will post them soon!

pennyball said:
Rick Mark2A said:
I've got the pictures in photobucket, will post them soon!
Nice work around/ fix!

Latest posts

Back