Epica, nice racks !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V!N

Reaction score
You may have heard of them, an excellent Dutch metal band. It's been an honour to have played as
their support act a couple of times. :) Regardless if you've heard of them or not, their Mesa rigs are
surely impressive ! This what Ad Sluijter got himself in 2005:

01_large.jpg

02_large.jpg

03_large.jpg

My back hurts by just looking at that ! But I'd love to have such a rig if I had roadies. That would
reduce the time for a changeover to rolling the rack on and taking off the lids. Some things changed
in the meantime, he's using it in stereo now, he added a wireless unit and the poweramp you see
in the pictures has found its way into the nice rack of the other guitairst, Mark Jansen, in 2006:

01_large.jpg

02_large.jpg

03_large.jpg

I thought you lads might like to see these. :)

wow, superclean and tight, what a wonderful job...How much $ goes for a rack like this?...I mean, only the rack without the stuff in it...

mesanomad100 said:
lord of the strings said:
what is the mic that are you putting on the cab?

looks like it could be a Sennheiser MD421

I could be wrong but then again I could be right :D
Close, but no cigar. :) It's a Sennheiser e 606 or e 609. Great mics for live use, since they can sit against the grill of your cab and the tech won't have to run on stage to adjust the axis. It's fast, clean and one less thing for the drummer to trip over. ;)
I used to have one of those for use with a 1x12" Marshall JCM 800, I looped the cable through the the handle on the top and just let it dangle in front of the speaker.

massydual said:
wow, superclean and tight, what a wonderful job...How much $ goes for a rack like this?...I mean, only the rack without the stuff in it...
Those rigs were put together, programmed and wired by Paul Lenders, he's considered a guru here in the Netherlands and he's starting to get noticed abroad as well. Especially his custom power supplies and interfaces are popular. Check his rig archive for more neat pictures of his work: http://www.paullenders.com/rigarchive.html

His case-builders have all sworn never to make any of his designs for anybody else, but I can imagine it will cost you a lot. For example, this "relatively simple" used 15HE case-in-case on wheels is on sale now for € 750 (US$ 950)
01_large.jpg

02_large.jpg

http://www.paullenders.com/rigarchive.html

WOW those were very nice,neat,complex lookin rigs

almost as neat as John Petrucci's rig

Ive always thought Paul Lender's work was one of the best on the market. really top notch!! 8) 8)

this is a guy here in Brazil that also do a wonderfull work as well (sorry for the hijack . . . :wink: )

http://www.guitartech.com.br/pedal.html

Hey V!N, spamming for Paul to get a discount? :lol:

Haven't seen you on the gitaarnet forum in a long time, what's keeping you busy? And do you have some pics of your rig?

That has got to be the cleanest setup I have ever seen :shock:

The mic is a Sennheisser e906....it's the higher end model...you can tell by the logo on the black side...it's only on the higher end model, not the e609.

their Mesa rigs are surely impressive !

I can't see anything impressive .
A triaxis and 50/50.
His rack is really awsome but about mesa gear,his rack is very simple.

Vigo1999 said:
Ive always thought Paul Lender's work was one of the best on the market. really top notch!! 8) 8)

this is a guy here in Brazil that also do a wonderfull work as well (sorry for the hijack . . . :wink: )

http://www.guitartech.com.br/pedal.html

No worries mate ! :) I love a nice set of pics. I especially like
the "Oh no, what did I get myself into"-pic of this tapdancer:

baby3.gif

Aart said:
Hey V!N, spamming for Paul to get a discount? :lol:

Haven't seen you on the gitaarnet forum in a long time, what's keeping you busy? And do you have some pics of your rig?
Well Aart, there's a time to hang around on a forum and read all about the latest "my pedal is true-er bypass than your pedal"-contests, and there's a time to just hit the stage and studio to kick *** ! :) Apart from that, I've been going through a rought time both personalla and financially.
The rig I can afford currently is quite emberassing really: V-Stack + Sound City PA + Marshall 1960A (Vintage 30's) at rehearsals and whatever the heck I can borrow live.

In time, I hope my tech will pull through and get me my heavily modified JCM 800 combo, so I can have Paul fit in a rig. It'll have Fender and Marshall tones, so naturally, there's going to be some kind of Mesa in there as well so I can have everything I'll ever need. :)

5combo.gif

01_large.jpg

Oh my god she looks like a trash hore with a ton of make-up!!
Maybe a gay samurai :lol:

Simone Simmons is probably the single most beautiful singer I've seen in my life. When my band opened for them we were all in the front row drooling, just staring at her, so mesmerizing. Amazing voice too.

Back