Enyone that prefers all 6L6 tubes in Simul class c+ ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
Got pins 1-8 connected and tried the sylvania 6ca7`s in the outer sockets of my amp.

Along with the 6ca7`s i also i bourght a new set of sylvania 415`s and have compared the two combinations on the lead channel today.

`6l6/6ca7 combo.`
The sound and respons has some very distinkt differences, with the 6ca7`s in there i get the most wonderfull lead sounds i can imagin, it sings pures , but have more of a rock&role vibe going on.
Its more midrangy, not like a marshall but its closer then the all 6l6 combo.
Overall this combination seems to compliment lead playing more, and the 6ca7`s has a wonderfull tastefull breakup , that is so good on the soul and ears :)
It dos Alice in chains sounds so good that jerry cantrel would be envy.

Over to all sylvania 415`s

This is the angry, dark and furious sound that is as distinkt to the boogie mark amp, as a cranked jcm800 is to marshall.
the amp flat out barks,sizzels, and is so dynamic it makes the speaker beg for mercy, but is still so fluid and organic.
It has a different type of focus in the bass department , the bass is extremly thight and focused, its also darker , more furous and cold , It makes the E chord sound so intense and angry.
Overall the 415 combo makes this amp is the badest rytmen machine i have ever heard.

I know that it has alot to do with the fact that im running all sylvania 415 str`s because with my old drg c+ (upgraded) runing 4 new sensor 6l6`s tubes proved to be to harsh and bright and lacked the dynamics and tightness the sylvanias have.

Im glad i now have both the tube combinations, because one is not better then the other its just two distinkt sound variations of the same core sound.

What do you guys think ?

gts said:
Run it with those 6CA7's but leave it in Class A mode..... It's very cool!

What he said, with these settings, and your EQ set FLAT, since you cannot turn it off in the lead channel yet. Pull the Treble, Master, and Lead Master knobs. 8) You might have to back off the Bass pot if you do not use EVM-12L speakers.

DSC03769.jpg

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03774.jpg

Hi guys

I use a marshall 1960Bv with vintage 30`s.

I tried using the class a/6ca7 combo, that has to be the sweetest clean tone i have ever heard,period, the sound almost has a sexy vibe to it, you can feel everything the guitar is doing.and its just so sweet and spongy :)

In lead mode its also very cool, different then simul class, but the it absolutly sings.

Im still leaning towards the all 6l6 combo in simul class mode, if its metal im playing.

Every day im amazed have versital this amp is.

I still havent had it clean and re-caped, but buy the end of the month il bring it over to the shop, the guy that has the shop have been a guitar tech for 35 years and is the the `go to guy`for mesa owners in denmark, he has been at mesa boogies many times in the 80`s and seem to know as much about the c+ as MB.
He diffently has a hard on for the pre mark III boogies, as is a real vintage guitar amp entusiast.
He even has a a stock of mesa 415 strs and 416`s and if the tubes i have dont match my boogie il get them changed.

Back