Electra Dyne is the best kept secret out there right now

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeffp said:
If i ever get the chance i want to try another ED. Mine could have been a lemon? jeffp

I certainly hope so.

Save your $$$s though. I think the Electra Dyne is a good enough amp that if there was no problem, it should be matched up with a guitar that works with it. I was never completely satisfied with my tone before now and it is just the 'it' sound. I still think it was a lemon because if anything, the clean mode is LOUD, especially at low volumes.

Caveat. I still use my Recto for recording heavy rhythm tones.

A lot of people skip the E.D. due to the shared EQ, the bloated low end and volume problem.

elvis said:
Not going to happen. In a sense, the RA is the ED series II.

That is a shame since the ED sounds better than the Royal, to many people.

lespauljoe1 said:
Mesa's are fairly expensive, but compared to boutique amps they are very reasonable. I compare them to today's boutique amps more so than standard (non custom shop) Fender's & Marshall's because they are built everty bit as solid as any boutique amp I've seen and I've owned several and still own one.

The Electra Dyne is an exceptional amp imo. It starts with a very good clean format and with the additional stages, it covers a lot of territory. I owned a 2x12 combo a few years, but sold it because I was gassing for something different. I have since owned several exceptional amps. I went to my local GC yesterday to look around. They had a good selection of new and used amps. I walked over to the Mesa area there was the same Electra Dyne that had been there since they were first introduced. I asked the salesman to set it up in the loud room and after only about ten minutes decided to buy it after remembering how good it is. It was on clearance for $1199.00, because it had been there for so long which made it a great deal.

BTW if you guys have never tried EL 34's in it, I think this makes a positive difference. They just seem to fit this amp. They drop the base and roll off the highs just a tad, but sound great imo. I don't see why more Fender & Marshall guys don't love this amp. Oh well, to each his own.

Most Marshall guy I know do not like the Electra Dyne because it doesn't sound like a Marshall at all. I find it to sound like a simpler Rectifier meets Stiletto or Lone Star. :)

Latest posts

Back