ED Short 1x12 Combo - reserved

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
I just went to my guitar store and asked if they had any ED's in stock. He said that they have one on order and it is a "short" 1x12 combo in the tan tolex. I reserved it. It should be a couple weeks or so. The "short" description pertains to the width of the combo shell he said.

Mark Fore said:
I just went to my guitar store and asked if they had any ED's in stock. He said that they have one on order and it is a "short" 1x12 combo in the tan tolex. I reserved it. It should be a couple weeks or so. The "short" description pertains to the width of the combo shell he said.

Did they tell you the dimensions? God I am so curious.

Congratulations. You are just going to love that amp. I can't get enough of it.

My only real gripe is that the ultimate clean setting and ultimate drive settings for me are not identical.

That said, using my favorite drive setting the clean still kicks ***, and using my favorite clean the drive still sounds killer.

He said his it is the size of the 5:50 combo, if that helps. He said he also voiced concerns about low end response with a thinner combo shell and Mesa assured him it sounds just as good as the wider combo. Since this is the only ED they had on order, he put my name on it. It is the same price and the tan tolex option is not an up-charge so that is cool.

After all the great things you guys have been saying about this one, I'm really looking forward to it. One thing is for sure, pics and clips will be the first order of business when it comes in.

I have played mine through a closed back recto 1x12 with a vintage 30 and there is still plenty of low end.

Besides, ED has low end to spare.

primal said:
I have played mine through a closed back recto 1x12 with a vintage 30 and there is still plenty of low end.

Besides, ED has low end to spare.

Thanks Primal, that was the only concern I had. Now I REALLY can't wait. I already have a Recto 1x12 just in case :wink:

Please let us know when it arrives. I'm quite keen to see if there are any differences in tone between the full size and short combo due to the smaller cab. On the other hand, a 5:50 sized ED is going to much more back friendly for those of us with knackered backs!

Hey guys, still waiting, but the store said it was close to being shipped. I talked to Randall Smith and Doug West at the NAMM show (and showed them my order receipt!). They both said the slimmer ED combo is very cool and that they think it will be a big hit.

Latest posts

Back