Dual Rectifier Problem - Noise (From Head - NOT Feedback)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
erectifier said:
owned my recto going on a year now. dont remember ever turning it on and not hearing *some* kind of noise, especially on red. i would try connecting your amp to different power outlets. the power outlets at my rehearsal studio are horrid - they have neon lights on the same circuit as the outlets :? At home i know there are a couple of dodgey outlets i never plug into. But yeah point being, i think there will always be some kind of unwanted noise when you sit with the amp cranked and guitar volume down. I just got into the habit of switching to green when im sitting with the volume down.

Yeah, as long as you don't use a noisegate in the loop, high gain channels will hiss when you're not playing. It's just the nature of the beast ...

I don't think this problem is cab-related, though ...

I know there will be Some noise. I've had this amp 10 months now, so I know exactly what noise to expect. There has been New noise. I'm starting to think a dedicated power supply for the pedals might help.

I've played quite a bit since I put the "new" tubes in, and no more pops or volume rollercoaster!

Now, If I only had $70,000,000 to buy all the other gear I want to try. :lol:

QUICK UPDATE!

It's been a week or so since I put in the "new" tubes. I've played quite a bit and there have been exactly ZERO Pops and/or Volume Roller Coasters since. The (new) noise seems to be slightly less as well. I think I can attribute the rest of the new noise to adding new pedals / switching up the orders, etc.

So, for now, consider this topic Done!

Thanks everyone for your advice. Even when it's stuff that doesn't end up directly helping, it's still a huge relief to know you have some good people on your side. :mrgreen:

Back