Dual Rectifier powerloss...need some advise please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrickn

Reaction score
Ok...Yesterday at rehersal I had to turn the amp up to 6 to even get close to the drum volume. Usually I'm at 2.5 maybe 3. The sound was very tinny sounding, and I had about half power.
The tubes are only 6 months old, and the amp is only used about 3 hours a week. The fuse didn't blow, but the amp did trip the multi plug circuit breaker.
Any ideas?
thanks

Was the amp cold. I just had the same problem with mine last week and it took about 30 minutes to warm up, then the volume came up slowly. Or like somebody told me that it could of been just coincidence. Who knows. Is it still doing it or have you played it since then.

Adambomb said:
Was the amp cold. I just had the same problem with mine last week and it took about 30 minutes to warm up, then the volume came up slowly. Or like somebody told me that it could of been just coincidence. Who knows. Is it still doing it or have you played it since then.

Hey,
thanks for the reply. It wasn't cold, and I had it on for quite some time. I'm going to switch all the power tubes out and see if that helps. The guitar cable was in my car in the cold though, I warmed it up in my hand before plugging it in. I was initially worried about condensation from the jack.

Latest posts

Back