dont know how to use my new roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaarN

Reaction score
hey guys,
today I got my first M\B amp, a brand new roadster
I can get decent clean tones, but the distortion is way too muddy, I don't remember it being this muddy when I tested it @ my local guitar shop
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, no matter how I place the knobs, it just sounds bad, it doesn't sound clear at all
I have tested the amp right before I got home at the shop, it worked fine, is it possible that I damaged one of the tubes on the way home?
or maybe because I play at low volume
can my problem be solved? is there a guide somewere online for this amp?
thanks in advance

Check out some settings guidance from the Mesa Boogie manual. If you don't have one, just head to the Mesa Boogie website and search for the Roadster manual on there...

The Roadster truly needs a decent amount of volume before it really comes alive. The rectifier line in general doesn't shine at bedroom levels, at least in my experience.

What modes are you having trouble with and what are your settings, guitar, and cabinet that you're using?

Try throwing away some of the JJ's in the preamp section. ALL JJ's in such a dark amp will make perfect mud.

Completely agree. It needs a good amount of volume before it sounds good. A good tube mixture, and a good boost for the front and crank the volume and it will sing.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29062

check out this thread. some good stuff here.

the manual is great too. spend some time there, and really take the time to mess w. the controls of each channel

and be sure to listen w. your ears and not your eyes........

Latest posts

Back