Does Mesa use real Crocodile Ostrich etc leather or faux?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMeTaL1287

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question and I'm not like an animal lover or anything, I was just curious as to weather the exotic leathers mesa offers like the croco and ostrich and stingray and stuff is all genuine croco and ostrich leather or is it just regular leather that's stamped or fashioned to look like those types of skin? Just curious because I'd like to know if the croco on my stiletto is real or not, so i can freak animal lovers out.

Thanks!

XMeTaL1287 said:
This may be a dumb question and I'm not like an animal lover or anything, I was just curious as to weather the exotic leathers mesa offers like the croco and ostrich and stingray and stuff is all genuine croco and ostrich leather or is it just regular leather that's stamped or fashioned to look like those types of skin? Just curious because I'd like to know if the croco on my stiletto is real or not, so i can freak animal lovers out.

Thanks!

It's embossed leather. But you don't have to tell them that. :twisted:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/customops/CustomOptionsOverview.htm

GD_NC said:
It's embossed leather. But you don't have to tell them that. :twisted:

http://www.mesaboogie.com/gallery/customops/CustomOptionsOverview.htm

I like it! :twisted:

elvis said:
Funny how nobody seems to think of leather as an animal product in quite the same way as exotic animals.

I had the same thought. Can you imagine the s**t someone would get from an amp covered in Kitty fur? Eating steak and eggs in a leather jacket? No problem.

The world is weird that way. Some folks just need to spend a few days on the farm.

GD_NC said:
elvis said:
Funny how nobody seems to think of leather as an animal product in quite the same way as exotic animals.

I had the same thought. Can you imagine the s**t someone would get from an amp covered in Kitty fur? Eating steak and eggs in a leather jacket? No problem.

The world is weird that way. Some folks just need to spend a few days on the farm.

I would love an amp covered in kitty fur. Then again, I also bought a Hello Kitty guitar just to paint over the "O" in Hello, and I patted a chicken while eating a sandwich from Chik-Fil-A while PETA activists were protesting caged chickens.

They could also just drive past pig slaughterhouses. God, those things are rank.

Wait a minute here. Some of us animal advocates (who play on Mesas) are also realistic. Leather (cow hide) is a by-product of the food industry, and we humans are a meat eating species. If this leather were not used for something it would be thrown away. So, while I am an advocate for animals, I also play on a Mesa amp covered with leather, wear leather shoes and coats, and own cars with leather interiors. But we don't buy fur coats and such (if you do, we won't lecture you), and we support the humane society. But fact is, we humans are "omnivores", which means that meat is a natural part of our diet that we require to live. It is very difficult for humans to design a totally vegetarian or "vegan" diet that is appropriate for us. Ask your dentist what your teeth were designed to eat. And, though a true advocate for animals, I am a retired RANCHER, and we raised our cattle in a humane way.

I know what some of you mean when you post about PETA activists. Like the ones who thought it was cruel to haves little dogs in a dog show in Denver -- when indeed there is nothing these dogs like more than being the center of attention. So these idiots broke in and let these little dogs out -- where some of them got on to a freeway and were run over by trucks and killed.

Sorry for ranting. I am just tired of a few idiots giving us TRUE animal advocates a bad name.

I think it's ironic that the animal rights activists denounce the use of animal skins and eating meat...then get up in the morning, put on their clothes assembled by 12 year old girls in sweatshops in 3rd world countries, etc...and don't think twice about it.

Yes, it is -- and this is coming from a reasonable animal advocate. If the leather is a by-product of the meat industry, no prob. We don't buy fur, because it comes from animals that are not killed for food. (If you want to wear it, I won't say a thing). Our biggest problem with animal abuse in the US comes from pet owners who do not neuter and spay their dogs and cats, and then dump the puppies and kitties beside the road to die. I do have something to say about that, and that is those people should go to Hell.

IMO, the human species was either created or evolved (your choice) to eat meat as a part of its diet. Our teeth are made for this. We talked about becoming vegatarians in my family but the most influential members (our dogs) raised Hell over it, so we forgot it. They are meat eaters too, and they are animals.

Latest posts

Back