Does anyone know if Mesa's sold in the USA.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broken

Reaction score
Have 240 volt taps in their power transformers? Or do the Mesa's shipped overseas have special international PT's ?

I want to ship a USA Stiletto into Australia

You need to use a stepdown transformer if you want to use a US model in Australia. The standard (US) Boogies are 110V.

No you don't.

Give Dale from Sherlock amps a call. He can replace the transformer.

Sanchez

Well, that's another alternative... :lol: I guess this will void the warranty on your amp after the mod. Where's Sherlock Amps located? Thanks.

Found their website. http://www.sherlockamps.com Located in Melbourne.... :D Cool.... Good to know.

boogee said:
You need to use a stepdown transformer if you want to use a US model in Australia. The standard (US) Boogies are 110V.

Yeah I know they are 110v. What i want to know is if the stock power transformers also have 240v taps inside them.

I have a Marshall, that has both 240v and 120 volt taps. It took me 5 minutes to convert it to 240v. Simple matter of changing a fuse and desoldering and soldering two wires.

Well, I bought my IIc in America, and it has about 6 different voltages selectable. But I guess they don't make 'em like that anymore.

I'll check when I get home. I doubt it that I would find any of my Boogie amps had a switchable voltage selector.

Correction..... Now I think of it.... My Mark III (short head bought on ebay from an australian owner) has a voltage selector. I am not sure what the "history" of this amp is though. I can't remember if my Caliber .50 I traded a while ago had a similar switch.

Latest posts

Back