Do You Like My Lead Tone Here? (Clip Inside - Satriani)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
I went for the wettest lead tone I've ever used up to this point. Do you like what I came up with? Not really impressed with my clean tone but wasn't really trying hard with that one.

The guitar was a bit out of tune by the end (I was bending the hell out of the strings). I used my trusty old EBMM Petrucci through the Mark IV. This may be one of the last clips I make for a little while.

Advice or suggestions welcome!

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/46-Forgotten%20Pt%202.mp3

I liked the tone, though it definitely sounded more Petrucci than Satch (probably due to the guitar); Satch's tone seems a bit rounder—and less tube-like, to be honest... I actually preferred your tone. :)

Good job on all the string bending... you have great bend + vibrato technique!

I like it. And it doesn't have any of those Rockman qualities that Satch usually has in his tone.

I'd rather bump up your clip here instead of Rig-Talk.

SeasonOfPain said:
I liked the tone, though it definitely sounded more Petrucci than Satch (probably due to the guitar); Satch's tone seems a bit rounder—and less tube-like, to be honest... I actually preferred your tone. :)

Good job on all the string bending... you have great bend + vibrato technique!

Thanks! I have been trying to really work on bending and vibrato lately. I really believe it is a lost art in terms of playing the guitar. I don't care about playing a million notes per minute but I do want to achieve total control of what I can play. Still have a long ways to go.

I am actually trying to rid myself of sounding like Petrucci. I consider that a compliment since I do like his playing. I don't want to stray from Mesa Boogie amps since I feel like I've found a home with them. My EBMM Petrucci is my #1 guitar and have been considering a pickup change. Wasn't a fan of the D-Sonic (mine has always had the original bridge).

danyeo1 said:
I like it. And it doesn't have any of those Rockman qualities that Satch usually has in his tone.

I'd rather bump up your clip here instead of Rig-Talk.

Thanks Dan! There is so much drama going on over there. It's too bad since it was actually my favorite place to visit until all the crap went down. Hopefully it cools down soon. I would love to hear some more clips from you. I have always loved what you post and are truly one of the better players around. I still love your Wrathchild clip!

Latest posts

Back