Digitech GSP1101 OUTSTANDING!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this GSP to use with my TRIPLE REC. I still wanted to use my Triple Rec for all cleans, rhythm, solo. I tried the 4 cable method. (setup 7). The HUM was too much for live applications. I could hear it while during the open chords.

I called digitech and advised me to use a ground isolation transformer. I used a TRIPP isolation transformer. it weighed about 15lbs and it didnt work.

I now will only place the GSP 1101 in front of my Rec head. No 4 cable method. just straight SETUP 1. I use one preset only. It has the tubescreamer and Noise gate turned to "ON". Everything else is turned to "OFF" or bypassed. If any effects are needed? it will have to be before the MESA's Preamp section.

I did do a couple of shows just using the GSP 1101 and a MESA 1:00 stereo pwr amp and a MESA 4X12 cab.

I found out that on the stage THe GSP's recto and marshall tones were lacking. Its perfect for the Iron Maiden late 80's sound.

I now use the GSP1101 as an expensive OVERDRIVE/ GATE/ TUNER. before the amp head. THis does make my TRIPLE RECT SOUND massive and crunchy and ALIVE! But it doesnt solve my "lack of effects" for SOLO work.

to experiement further.......
IF i can find my old TS9, i will place it in front of my amp,
then place the GSP in the loop.
Turn OFF all GSP overdrive and distortion modes
And use the effects in the RECTO's loop.

I had the same problem.............

What you have to do is lift the ground on two cables:

Effects send
Effects return

Once you lift the ground on both of those cables you should get rid of any ground loops.

Greg

thanks for the advice. I did try this, I read one of your previous posts and tried it. It didnt work thoroughly. there was still hum. but not as much. There was also a drop in volume and the effects seem thin. not full. thank you for your help.

MY dual and triple recs are dont hum much by them selves. with a TS9 i can stop playing and barely hear it "on".

The GSP by itself and a power amp is a quiet processor.

thanks for the advice.

Lifting the ground should eliminate any ground loops but it shouldn't change anything with the levels. I use the +4db setting on the loop return with my Mark IV since the master volumes effect the output level. I would check the ground on the cable with a multimeter to make sure that it doesn't have any connection at all. If there is any connection you will still have a ground loop. You also have to make sure the ground connection on the Recto and GSP are both present and plugged into the same power strip.

You should also have the mix pot on the loop set to MAX and the send pot should be somewhere in the middle.

I have to say that the loop on the Recto series isn't very good to begin with so my suggestions are a really sorry attempt to polish a turd and might not be able to get you where you want to be.

Greg

I have owned 2 completely separate Triaxis/2:90 rigs over the years and ended up finding it to be kind of noisy and sterile both times, expecially considering the amount of $$ I put into them. Perfect for some, just not for me. :oops:

Tone is subjective and everyone hears things differently. Use what works for you. The beauty of the modern mega-retailer is that we can all spend a few bucks to try gear out and send it back if it isn't workable for our situation.

Rock on!
:D[/quote]

Tell me if he sounds sterile?
Ian Bairnson(Aln Parson/Pilot) uses Triaxis 20/20(studio)/290(live)/T.C. 2290 T.C. 1210/ Yamaha SPX1000/fx controlled into Tascam tdm1000 to route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvEBXGMrZuI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkvxWX_jV0M
listen to the solo 3:04 on the thirdhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGGc9oBdo1s

Very nice solo. Nice tone. I am definitely not bashing the product. As I said:

Perfect for some, just not for me.

:)

buddaman71 said:
Very nice solo. Nice tone. I am definitely not bashing the product. As I said:

Perfect for some, just not for me.

:)

That's cool, I'm not suggesting it's good for you. I just think it doesn't sound that steral at least in this case.Maybe for others. It's subjective.
Trevor
:lol:

has anyone tried the GSP1101 with a 20/20 ?

I'm thinking about it , it would be a nice light/small setup.

How much noise are most of you defining as too much noise?

I've been using my GSP1101 (very early unit) with my F-50 via the 4C method for some time now, and while I notice some hiss when using the gain in F-50's lead channel it is not too much for a high gain setting.

I will say that having had every version of the Pod, I've found the 1101 to be much more touch sensitive. Using the JTM-45 setting, I'm able to dial up tone that will take me from crunch (using the bridge pickup on a PRS Singlecut) to clean (using the neck pickup) without touching anything except the pickup selector switch on my guitar.

Has anyone been able to compare the 1101 to the axefx?

Personally, the 1101 sounds much better than the rp floor series pedals. I don't know about what processor the 1101 uses compared to the rp series. I would just be interested in hearing the opinions of those who have tried both units. The price for the axefx suggests that it may deliver better tones, but I'm trying to decide if the tones are better enough for me to justify shelling out the extra money.

I probably use my F-50's preamp 75% of the time, and just use the amp models in the 1101 for recording myself and every now and then when I want something different than what the F-50 can deliver. As far as the closeness of the models in either unit to the modeled unit, I could care less. I do like for a model amp to feel like a real amp, in that department the 1101 comes closer than previous units I have owned.

My GSP1101 is awesome using the Digitech Control 2 I don't have a noise issue with my Mark III using the 4 cable method (4CM).

The preamp models turned out to be a nice extra, even though I wanted to focus on my nice Mark III lead channel.

I have several patches set up and use the control switch for solo boost. I don't use a footswitch for the Mark III channels. The clean preamps on the 1101 are just as good as R1, and the Marshall type preamps are as good or better than R2 (and the volume is matched just right).

The wah is better than a crappy crybaby.

I've still got lots to learn.

Here is my rig

DSC00487.jpg

disassembled said:
The thing i hate most is that it does add noise to the input of the TA but the TA is noisy all by itself. I haven't used my GSP with my Mark IV so i can't say whether you will notice a change in noise or not but the tone will not suffer like most other setups.

With the next update I hope they address the NG issue so I can shut my TA up.

Sorry about reviving an old topic. Did DigiTech ever fix this 4CM TriAxis noise problem?

I use the 1101 and recently moved in a triaxis.

To control both, I'm looking into a midi controller that wont completely clog up my pedal board. (rocktron midimate)
But the thing doesn't have a tap tempo - something I use pretty often.

Are there other controllers out there that would fit the bill? Or does the 1101 have the ability to set up a tap tempo pedal in the back? I use the control 2 now but I can't handle having two controllers. Just silly.

Latest posts

Back