Crate V32H Palomino

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreAugust

Reaction score
I played one of these the other day, a head/2x12 cab, and I can't get it out of my ears. I think it sounded great! 30watts EL-84 "class A" (maybe just badging) for under $800! I used an american Tele...talk about tone.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the V30H and the V32H Palomino? Obviously the Palomino is blonde and GC/MF exclusive, but I wonder if there are any hardware changes.

rabies said:
I had a Crate V30 I believe. Left it in standby for 1-2 wks and the power tranny died. Don't recommend those, they seem to have cheap components and construction.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything? When the power tranny goes it will smell horrid not just quit working. I mean don't get me wrong I am not trying to defend Crate but your statement doesn't prove anything.

Greg

OneMoreAugust said:
I played one of these the other day, a head/2x12 cab, and I can't get it out of my ears. I think it sounded great! 30watts EL-84 "class A" (maybe just badging) for under $800! I used an american Tele...talk about tone.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between the V30H and the V32H Palomino? Obviously the Palomino is blonde and GC/MF exclusive, but I wonder if there are any hardware changes.

V30H=2 ch clean & overdrive
V32H=single ch & reverb

ConvexStone said:
OneMoreAugust said:

V32H=single ch & reverb

The V32H Palomino I played had one clean, one o/d, and a boost.

Actually they're the same amp with one being a Guitar Center exclusive with Blonde tolex. The descriptions are different on the MF website but they really are the same amp.
Funny, MF has the V32 for $499 and the V30 for $599 even though they both list for $799....that's about as much a no brainer as I've seen in awhile.

ConvexStone said:
OneMoreAugust said:

V32H=single ch & reverb

That's what I've heard, just looking for more confirmations. I like the looks of the blonde/gold Palomino....Might have to get one with the Tax return $!

...or maybe I'll just look for a Mark III Blue stripe head!

OneMoreAugust said:
ConvexStone said:
OneMoreAugust said:

V32H=single ch & reverb

Then I dunno... :oops:

Guys, I just told you the other day. They're the same amp. One is just a guitar center exclusive with Blonde tolex and a wheat grill.

ConvexStone said:
OneMoreAugust said:
ConvexStone said:
V32H=single ch & reverb

Then I dunno... :oops:

Latest posts

Back