Combo compared to open back widebody?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredster

Reaction score
So, I've got a head and closed back front ported cab, and it sounds great. I do like an open back cab for some sounds though, and was thinking of adding the open back widebody. I know some of you have this combination and love it. I wouldn't mind a combo instead of the head format though, and was wondering if the combo sounds similar to the widebody open back. Can anyone compare the two?

BTW - a V30 in the closed back front ported is awesome!

forever-alone.jpg

:lol:

Three reasons I'd stick to the seperate head/cab....

1) Combos are a pain in the *** to carry. Atleast with the head/cab you can put one in each hand and balance yourself out.

2) The tubes in a combo are subject to vibrations directly off the back of the speaker. At least with a seperate head/cab they're a little more isolated from each other.

3) If you don't want the open back cab sound for a particular gig, you're stuck carrying the extra speaker anyway.

Everytime I've bought a combo I've wound up wishing I'd bought the head/cab.

You're makin' sense, sir. I can find no fault with your logic. I don't know what it is I like about combos... I've read your posts on the open back cab, I'm sure it'll work, I just go back and forth.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Latest posts

Back