Channel 2 crunch mode cutting out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgebha

Reaction score
My V Head just started cutting out when using the crunch mode on channel 2. Anyone familiar with this issue? Edge and Mark1 modes are fine.

V1A, V2A and V3A all have something to do with channel 2. See pg. 62 in the manual. In the first instance, try pulling those tubes out and putting them back in a few times to clean up the contacts on the pins. You can also spray electrical cleaner on the pins and move them back in and out of the positions a few times. Then test to see if the problem persists. If it does try subbing in a known good 12ax7 tube into V1 then V2 then V3 one at a time testing after each and see if you can isolate a problem with a particular tube.

https://mesaboogie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216599018-How-can-I-troubleshoot-tube-issues-
I would also try electrrical cleaner on the switch that is switching the channel between different modes.

Last edited:
Interesting. I looked over the schematics of the CH2 and did not see anything that would result in Crunch from cutting out. Many of the relays or switches may have some commonality with edge and Mark I that are also used by Crunch. There is one relay that has a triple pole Double throw labeled as RYM5 with contact set A, B and C. I only assume it is one relay and not a few of them. If for some reason the RYM5 relay is not making full contact when the Crunch mode is enabled, the contact set B (RYM5B) could potentially disconnect the output from V2. Hopefully it is not a mechanical relay issue. All other relay contact sets or switch connections were shared with edge or mark I and did not have the potential to disconnect the circuit path. If what others have suggested do not fix the issue, it may be time to have it looked at by a tech.

Back