Can you recommend an acoustic Martin???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the clarity the Taylors have, their tone just stands out to me, but as for Martin', if I could, I would probably get myself a D-28. I just love the warmth of their tone.

My D1R is fine, but I'm not much of an accoustic player. Tacoma's are nice, and Takemine's are supposed to be great. Just ask the Eagles. Whenever I see them on TV they're usually playing those.

The Martin D-15 all mahogany it a best buy for a great acoustic. They play and sound great.

I have recorded a few of them and they have a great tone. Nice lows and not too bright.

They look nice too. I want one.

I tried a few different guitars when I was looking for an acoustic. I settled on the Martin D-16GTE. I am very happy with it, except for the fact that I never play it. In fact just reading the topic of this thread made me remember it's stashed under the bed.

Every time I stop by the guitar center I used to work I pick up the same Martin. The model is some model they make exclusively for guitar center. Doesn't really matter, it's a dreadnought. Simple varnish finish, rosewood back and sides. The guitar doesn't boom like a gibson, but the overtones are to die for.

If I was in the money to buy an acoustic I'd have a tough time not picking up a Taylor 110. Amazingly bright and resonant for half the price. Something I'd feel more comfortable street gigging with.

Latest posts

Back