Can it be done? (drive mod content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scienceguy

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Lonestar users,
Does anybody know if it's possible to make the drive control foot-controllable? Specifically, I'd like to be able to control the drive level from my voodoolab gcx, but I can't even find a generic midi-to-analog continuous controller...
Am I barking up a tree that doesn't exist?
Thanks,
bp

I believe I saw awhile ago someone on this board who set up a footswitch for the drive but it was for just on/off, not level. You might want to do a search on the topic.

No one has done a drive adjustable mod. Like said, just a drive switchable mod. You know, as the drive pot attenuates up the volume increases significantly. Controlling that would be difficult.

No one has done a drive adjustable mod. Like said, just a drive switchable mod. You know, as the drive pot attenuates up the volume increases significantly. Controlling that would be difficult.

plan-x said:

I've done the footswitchable drive mod, but I was thinking that being able to adjust the drive level from my board would be really convenient.

Still researching...

Couldnt you just vary the amount of gain with the volume knob on your guitar?

ur86d said:
Couldnt you just vary the amount of gain with the volume knob on your guitar?

I already do that - it's a different tone and feel turning down the drive with the guitar wide open than with the guitar turned down and the drive up...

Latest posts

Back