can a Mark IV sound like a triple rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakshaug007

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
I'm new to the message board, I have a Mark IV and I was wondering if there is anyway to get the same type of sound out of it as the Triple rectifier. I wanted to know because I'm trying to get a sound like Blink-182 and I know they use a Triple rectifier but I didn't want to have to go out and buy one. Does anyone know if I could get that rectifier sound from my mark IV?

rock on,
sakshaug007

I don't think mark IV's can sound as crappy as a triple rec so.........
j/k :)

Maybe a v twin pedal could get you what you wanted? I don't know if you could get the same loose feel from the Mark honestly. My TA has the Recto lead channel which resembles a Recto amp but is no way an exact copy of one. Maybe with the 2:90 power amp I just picked up (since it has the deep and modern modes) but who knows for sure.

What kind of cab are you using with your amp? A v30 loaded cab would probably help your cause if you don't have one.

Greg

No it can't. I had the Mark IV and sold it for my Roadster (I also had a TR before). They are entirely different sounds. I can't get the Mark IV sound with my Roadster either.

Nope, different ballgame.

That isn't to say you can't find some rectoish tones with the right setup, but they're not the same.

No. If you want a Rec buy one. I have come to this conclusion like any other amp I have tried to avoid having to buy. I don't know why I keep second guessing that pattern. You buy an amp for a certain tone or gain structure. This having being said, I wouldn't sell my Mark IV to get one, but I have one on its way.

Latest posts

Back