Can a 60/100 IIC+ be modded to Simul-class these days?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gts said:
Yes but they no longer have the Simul OT's from that era (the SC-562019B was used on the early C+'s and the 562003 OT [which has the exact same specs] was used on later C+'s and MK III's). They likely only have the 565004R1 OT which was used in later Mk IV's.

Hm, do we know of anyone who got this done with the recent trannies? Any ideas on how it would sound?

Get the 60/100 Mark IIC+, run it on 100 watt and connect the 8 ohm speaker to the 4 ohm jack. According to Mike Bendinelli, this is the best way to get close to the SimulClass sound on a 60/100 watter.

igfraso said:
Get the 60/100 Mark IIC+, run it on 100 watt and connect the 8 ohm speaker to the 4 ohm jack. According to Mike Bendinelli, this is the best way to get close to the SimulClass sound on a 60/100 watter.

Doesn't help me if I wanna run it with EL34's in the class a slots! :|

gts said:
visualrocker69 said:
Doesn't help me if I wanna run it with EL34's in the class a slots! :|
Get a Mk III Simul put it in Class A, then slave the 60/100 C+ into it.
Might be cheaper than doing the simul upgrade :wink:
You may find you like Class AB better in a Mark series amp. Fwiw Class A is not quite true Class A in a Simul

Whoa! Good idea.

Now... if only I can get over my attachment to my XTC.

Hell, Random Hero did it, the return to Boogie.

Well, now he's playing Diezel, so... bad example.

If you go that route, try getting a mark3 with an export transformer. It works better on the class A if that's what's most important to you.

If you go that route, try getting a mark3 with an export transformer. It works better on the class A if that's what's most important to you.

Well, mostly curious about running 6L6s and EL34's simultaneously. Never got to try that with my Mark IV. Anything that gets me further away from the status quo, you know?

You will never get anywhere with gear acquisition syndrome and doing it one amp at a time.
Some people may not spend enough time with an amp to learn it's full potential. It's understandable to want
to switch amps, but you have to try them out for a while and even use different cabinets. Yes, I use a Diezel VH4, and have had
two others since 2000, but I would never get rid of some sacred gear.

visualrocker69 wrote:
Doesn't help me if I wanna run it with EL34's in the class a slots!

gts wrote:
Get a Mk III Simul put it in Class A, then slave the 60/100 C+ into it.
Might be cheaper than doing the simul upgrade
You may find you like Class AB better in a Mark series amp. Fwiw Class A is not quite true Class A in a Simul
UNQUOTE

Well... you are right, you cannot use EL34's. I prefer the sound of 4 6L6's, though.
In any case, I am told that, even for some professional musicians that everybody admires, a Mark IV properly set is indistinguishable from a IIC+ simulclass.

So, here is what I did. I got a Mark IV and a IIC+ 60/100W export transformer. Different beasts.
And, if you cannot find a nice Mark IV, you could go for a green stripe MK III Simul or a red stripe Mark III Simul.

Now, in total honesty, I must admit I have my blue stripe set with 2 6L6's and 2 EL34's. Another different beast.
Just my thoughts and, maybe, I am totally wrong.
Merry Xmas to everybody on this forum!!!

Latest posts

Back