C+/Mk V shootout, pt. 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome reviews guys! If I was in that room, it would take me a little time to stop crying tears of joy before I could plug into all that Boogie heritage! WOW!

I played a Mark V again the other day and was reminded why i sold it. I loved/love Mark series amps but i really dislike the V. It's actually one of the biggest disappointments I've had with an amp. I've played mark series amps since about 1999 so i know what each one from the IIC+ on up sounds like. I've been over it a lot already so no need to go on further but i know plenty of guys who know the Mark series amps well that sold their V's.

And if anyone has noticed, the used prices of IIC+'s haven't come down, and they won't.

danyeo1 said:
I played a Mark V again the other day and was reminded why i sold it. I loved/love Mark series amps but i really dislike the V. It's actually one of the biggest disappointments I've had with an amp. I've played mark series amps since about 1999 so i know what each one from the IIC+ on up sounds like. I've been over it a lot already so no need to go on further but i know plenty of guys who know the Mark series amps well that sold their V's.

And if anyone has noticed, the used prices of IIC+'s haven't come down, and they won't.

What kind of speakers were in the cab that you played the other day?

JOEY B. said:
danyeo1 said:

Good question! FWIW, I must say that I am a bigger fan of the Mark amps run through cabs with V30s that the C90s.

fretout said:
JOEY B. said:
danyeo1 said:

Good question! FWIW, I must say that I am a bigger fan of the Mark amps run through cabs with V30s that the C90s.

I have a Mark III, Mark IV, and Mark V heads. I run them all through Lopo 2 x12 Cabs with V30s. I love all three heads and they all have their advantages.

Part 2 is scheduled for 7-28-09. This will not be about the C+, but every other mode as well as EL-34's and preamp tube swaps. Stay tuned. 8)
Joey B, I know this a very old thread but I wanted to know if part 2 was posted. I can't seem to find it. Thanks

He last posted on April 6, 2018...
Danut,

Yep. I knew that too. Believe it or not, I researched Joey and Lesterpauls post history before joining the forum. I was hoping one of them or their group, or someone who has been around awhile might see my question and help out..

Do you know if he or any other members of that group ever posted part 2?

Thanks

I'm sorry, I don't know, I never followed this thread (although I wish I was around when it originated).

I find it a bit intriguing the way this guy abruptly stopped posting, after being an active member for years. Like in "something happened to him and we don't know it" sort of thing...

Yeah, they were pretty active back then. I hope they are ok. I learned a lot from their effort. The Tweed settings they posted are still my go to on Channel 1.

Yeah, they were pretty active back then. I hope they are ok. I learned a lot from their effort. The Tweed settings they posted are still my go to on Channel 1.
Still here, my username and password got changed, by no fault of my own. Mike still has his 180W C+ and simul upgraded B>C+ amps. His mark V has been sold, to my knowledge. We have both been through divorces since then. But the old amps have remained in the proper hands. Including my 3 Simul short heads.

Last edited:
Hi Joey. Glad you guys are still around and thanks for the reply.

Back