Blonde Mark2 C+ Short Head anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been official for a while that Schumacher no longer makes PT's for Mesa or anyone else. There are no 105's in existence, but I am sure Schumacher would make them in a large quantity as they are still making transformers for their battery chargers.

IIC+ slop !!! If you have seen enough of them you will know what I am talking about. I have a sloppy one, but it is the best sounding of the three.
To be honest, I have seen Mike B's work get a little wiggly with the soldering iron. It may be Mike B. in a rush, but he can singe some wire coatings if he is in a rush. Some of these parts are at a very bad angle to work on. This adds to the slop factor as well. I dont think he would be as meticulous as Russ B. Bendinelli is there to treat them and street them and answer a million crazy questions a day. I would personally let Russ do a recap on mine anyday. Very nice and pro quality.

I have done a Simul upgrade via E-Mail with a guy in Italy. It is not too hard. I would love to have done it myself. Take some pictures of the power board and make sure you get the 100 Watt tranny back if you dont like it.

Oh, on the Simul Output, the 6L6's will see 2700 Ohms and the EL34's will see 1750 ohms with the 4 taps. They were IMHO built to have EL34's in the outer sockets.

The SC152019B and 562003 are identical just to verify.

Boogiebabies said:
I am only going to die happy when I find a Simul-EQ-Reverb with the Export Power Transformer.

That's funny --- when I ordered mine I considered the export trans, but at 14 years old I wondered "what are the chances I'll ever be over in England or Europe?"....

Of course I spent the better part of the last 10 years living in and out of Europe and Asia , and my boogie has had to stay in storage (with several guitars) at my home in Canada. If only I had known!

Keep up the quest --- but remember -- I'm looking too ;)

The funny thing us that the IIC+'s with the export transformer we biased way hotter than even the normal Simul IIC+'s. It is one giant hunk of iron.

Russ,

Blushing my arse. I have seen your stuff on ACP and you can barely tell or not tell at all that there was work done. If it were not for the dates on the caps, your work looks bone stock. It is rare to see someone who not only cares about these Boogies, but is meticulous in their restoration and performance. I have seen Bendinelli toast an arse load of wires on a few. I still think he is the best guy and Boogie tech though. As I said, treat em' and street em'. I am just pointing out how the proper way of of doing a resoration to a fellow keeper of the Boogie archives. You should move to Seattle and work for Soldano building SLO 100's, but I bet you could not leave those **** Patriots!!!

Back