BBE sonic maximizer with Triaxis/2:90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakshaug007

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Okay so here's the situation, I have a Road king head and Triaxis/2:90 that are wired to the same 4x12 speaker (with a GCX switcher wired to allow one or the other obviously). I have only one BBE 482i sonic maximizer (rack mounted) which I am currently using the A channel through the fx loop of my road king. What I would like to do is use the B channel for my triaxis/2:90 setup either through the fx loop of the triaxis or between the triaxis and the 2:90 the problem is since I have only one output from the BBE how would I input to a stereo setup. I have thought about using a y-cable but I was told that would degrade the sound. Any suggestions?

Thanks

To my knowledge the bbe sonic maximizers are completely anologue, albeit, I still say ditch it, since they harshen up great tone like nothing else could ;)

I have and use a BBE 482i, but I use it in my PA. I have to agree with the others who suggested removing it from your guitar rig, IMO it just wrecks the tone of a good amp.

Get the older 442 that is stereo if you want that BBE enhanced tone.
I prefer the sound of the older ones personally
you can find them for about $60.00 on the bay.
I am a fan of the BBE but it works different with different amps.
On my ADA AMP1 3tm /2:90 rig it sounds awesome
Just my .02
///MK

I agree on a Sonic maximizer being a waste and over-hyped. but if you want to run it. use a splitter of somekind or an FX processor in the loop of the Triaxis. loop send -> BBE -> Processor with stereo outs -> loop returns. how many sounds do you need with that kind of setup anyway?

Latest posts

Back