Anyway to find the age of a Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drstone

Reaction score
Hey all,

I searched around a bit before i posted but couldnt find anything so here goes..

is there any way to get the age of a mark iv from just the serial number? or any other indication on the amp itself?

thanks!

From the post directly above yours (sticky):

MkIV A 1991-1994
serial 0000-around the 6XXX's
-two mono FX loop's (normal And Switchable) The four plugs form a box shape.
-12at7 in V4 ( the reverb tube slot)
-No reverb foot switch on the back.
-older style tolex and LED's.
-Smaller power transformer than the B.
Voiced alittle brighter than the later models which seem to give them a closer to C+ sound to the newer models ( in no way am i trying to start hype)

Mk IV B 1994 to 2008
6000's onwards
-has a 3 plug stereo FX loop replacing the two mono ones..these plugs are in more of a line
-12at7 is replaced with a 12ax7 for V4
-reverb foot switch jack added on back of chasis.
-satellite send function..
-slightly bigger power transformer than the A.

I have a IVB from 12/93 with an attached cord, correct loops and the serial # is in the 6700 range.
Look at the power transformer on the left with a flashlight for a final tech date. Mine says 12/93 and MB
in red marker on the bell. It also had the hang tags that match the final tech date. :mrgreen:

Boogiebabies said:
I have a IVB from 12/93 with an attached cord, correct loops and the serial # is in the 6700 range.
Look at the power transformer on the left with a flashlight for a final tech date. Mine says 12/93 and MB
in red marker on the bell. It also had the hang tags that match the final tech date. :mrgreen:

Great thanks this is exactly what im looking for!! I already know its a mark iv b just looking for the exact age.

drstone said:
Boogiebabies said:

Great thanks this is exactly what im looking for!! I already know its a mark iv b just looking for the exact age.

or ya could pull the tubes, pull the 4 top screws, and push the head out of the cab. inside you find names/initials/dates from the builders themselves.

very simple to do

topcat0399 said:
drstone said:
Boogiebabies said:

or ya could pull the tubes, pull the 4 top screws, and push the head out of the cab. inside you find names/initials/dates from the builders themselves.

very simple to do

Is that still common on the IV's? My IVb doesn't have any markings on the inside

Latest posts

Back