anyone got DIY thiele cab pics? plans?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome build, dude. You'd think Mesa made that cab themselves!!! Aren't the thieles brilliant??!

Thanks Yellowjacket! The Thiele really sounds great. It's a very different sound than EVM in my combo. I put a Mojotone BV-30 in it. It's a very similar speaker to a V-30 but made in the USA instead of China :D . Still debating if I want to switch that with the EVM. I'm pretty happy with it and may just keep this set up.

Great job GD_NC!

I assume this is a pic of your new Mark IV. How did it check out with Mesa?

Thanks Fretout! Yes, that's my recently acquired Mark IV. It just got it back a week ago. It received a clean bill of health from the Mesa tech. Got a good cleaning and a new pentode/triode switch (the old one was not making a clean contact which caused some hum and popping).

GD_NC,
I find I prefer speaker combinations these days because often, two different speakers cancel out the 'imperfections' of the individual units, and they add a stereo effect which really thickens up gain tone nicely.

YellowJacket said:
GD_NC,
I find I prefer speaker combinations these days because often, two different speakers cancel out the 'imperfections' of the individual units, and they add a stereo effect which really thickens up gain tone nicely.

Yes, that seems to be exactly the case with the EVM & V-30 combination. The two speakers have very different tonal qualities. The two used together create a stereo-like quality that would leave you with the perception you are listening to something much larger.

Latest posts

Back