Adding a Thiele to my rig - opinions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmiller9999

Reaction score
I have a MK IV head and 1x12 open back C90 cab. I have a chance to buy a 1x12 Theile cab today. I think it will help balance my mix and give me a total of three cab options - open/Thiele/both.

Good idea or waste of time and money? I think it's smart. Wanna chime in?

Thanks...... Ed

The Thiele is a great addition to a a rig with an open-back. It will definitely give you some more thump and will also bring your other cab/head closer to ear level.

I always run my Mark combos with a Thiele.

Do it, and if you get it at a good price, you can always flip it and not lose out. But I'm sure you will want to keep it. Its a very portable "2x12" halfback cab you will have... great for mark series amps.

scott

You will love it. However, make sure it has an EVM 12L in it. Many have been removed. I have 3 and one has a C90 in it. It sounds OK but not like the EVM. That cab was made for the EVM.

****. The guy selling the Thiele did not have one. It was an older, closed-back cab about 24" deep. Def not a Thiele. I passed on it. Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help so far, gents.

Latest posts

Back