Accutronics tank reverb model for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcasacra

Reaction score
Hi guys! First posting here!! I was wondering, does anybody know the exact model for the Roadster's tank reverb? I have an accutronics 9AB2A1B but I don't know if it is the original one as I bought the amp on Ebay and I want to be pretty sure it is the original before order a new one. And can I replace it for the 9AB2C1B wich is easier for me to get here?

The reverb never worked at all since I get the amp, I replace the tubes, check the wires, etc. I know the diferences between accutronics models but I am not sure if I can just replace the 9AB2A1B model for the 9AB2C1B model as the wires comes as follow: one white thin but rigid for the input and the other is black and a little thicker but easiest to blend.

http://www.amprepairparts.com/reverb_numbering.htm

Does anyboy can help me? Thanks for your time!

Given the description on that link, I would think that it would be usable, though it may have some noise. I would think that you would be able to convert it to the "A" type without too much difficulty.

Thanks for the answer Chad, I am googling and looking here and there in the posts and I am getting a lot of information but nothing definetively.

In Mesa website I've found this, but checking in the forum I understood could be a regular "A" (most common in Boogie amps).

http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/cuprreta.html

I am not good with electronics (I can soldering more or less), but I'll try grounding it by my own because look like I have unmatched cables as one (I suppossed the input one, white) isn't shield and the other is. Everything points that I have the cables for a "C" in a "A" model anyway, even with the unit broken or not. Thanks for answering! Cheers!

For anyone could be interested. I've recieve this email from the distributor in Scotland:

"Thanks for your enquiry. The accutronics code 9BB2C1B refers to the Mesa code 499122 which is the tank used on a Roadster"

So now I am absolutly lost.... though would be more than 50 pounds so I still work in the one I have trying to fix by my own and using my pedalboard meanwhile :(

Anyway If anybody could confirm the model please I will apreciate it. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back