93 Gibson Les Paul custom Flame top

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhaze

Reaction score
I just bought a 93 Gibson LP custom amber Flame top.. it has the ultra flames like the 68 reissue LPC, does anybody know what this model was called back in 1993 was it a LP custom plus? or Premium top?
Thanks
Picture035.jpg

I think we call that a Les Paul Badass. That is clean right there. What kind of pickups are in it?

I'm not sure, I took the bridge pickup out and it just has gibson in large letters ingraved accross the bottom..

The Les Paul Custom has had the 490R and 498T pickups as stock pickups for as long as I can remember.

That is a REALLY nice looking Custom.

I don't know what Gibson called it but it's beautiful!

Thanks.. I've been told this guitar is Probably just a Gibson LPCustom plus that was made for a few years 93 to 98 ? Its a little on the heavy side but it sure sounds and looks great.. I think its gona be a keeper.

Under my bridge pickup it looks like a LPCC in red ball point.. any idea what that could be?

thats a Les Paul Custom PLUS-in my book, its a Custom Premium Plus!!same deal on classics-they gave Premium Plus to the most figured tops, but I have seen many Plus models that look as stunning as the Premium Plus models-differnece was 1-200 bucks or so(I think...)

That is one beautiful Les Paul.

They just get better with age. All you have to do is take care of them like any fine instrument. Mine's 34 years old, I've had it since '84 and I've refretted once. It's my main axe and is heavy as hell, but nothing else I've ever played sounds or feels like this guitar.

Congrats on the Paul!

Dom

From all the research I've done, lesterpaul must be right.. I did find a 1993 Les paul (signature) as they call it, pickguard signed by les, on ebay for sale today that looks just like it.. ha , they are asking 5400 but it has a custom shop logo on the back of the neck, but other than that its dead on to mine. But I think mine is just a LPC plus or premium plus.
I've just replaced the pickups with the gibson classic 57 and classic 57 plus and I'm going to buy all new Gibson gold hardware.. for the bridge and stop and change the knobs to the Gibson 60's black top hat with gold incerts.
I thought about changing all the plastic pu rings and switch plate and knobs to the cream and gold.. but might not look that good on a custom. I haven't owned a LPC for about 15 years, I've been playing strats, This guitars tone and playabilty and looks has made me a Gibson man again.. It just dont feel the same playing a strat now.

jrhaze said:
............... This guitars tone and playabilty and looks has made me a Gibson man again.. It just dont feel the same playing a strat now.

Sometimes I'm afraid I'm going to break my Schecter in comparasion to how the Les Paul feels LOL.

It's definatly my "Desert Island" Guitar.

Good Luck,

Dom

Mine wasn't flamed that nice but it was a '93 and nearly the same color and it was a Custom Plus. Nice axe!

this is cool...it might be a premium plus-I do not know how they labeled those...a "LPCPP" is a Classic Premium Plus-this isnt a custom shop deal(no decal on back?)-I didnt even think they made these past mid 90's..a killer, no doubt

By the way guys; ( i didnt want to open a new thread) how do you find out which year is a gibson made? looking first and fifth numbers of its serial number? thats what i ve heard

Latest posts

Back