40TH Anniversary Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know the exact prices, but I know the ballpark figure to get a regular private reserve wood, wicker grill Mark V, would be around $3300. To get the most special private reserve wood, with 40th anniversary inlay on the top, special inlay on the inside, with 1 of 75, 2 of 75, etc written in, signed by Randall Smith, when there are only 75 to be had, $4000 doesn’t seem to bad. It’s not cheap, but standard ones aren’t either. After playing my Mark V head only a few times, I know these amps are everything that Mesa has said about them and more. Enjoy your very cool amp!

curley-maple said:
Koprofag wrote:
Amps were meant to be played. You can't even swap tubes in that thing without it losing some of its original value!

+1

funny that you would laugh at it when you have a custom finish mark combo and a bubinga combo,and im sure you would not want to sell your wooden combos either becasue that is only one part of its value and you probably love having the piece

Yeah, but the upcharge for my hardwood Mark IV (at the time) was only about $350...and for the Mark V it was only $175.

That said, if the limited run was avail to GC (where I got my MK V), I would have returned it and ordered the 40th Ann. combo.

So enjoy your new amp, and congrats.

I GOT MY AMP!!!!

after two and a half month wait I got my amp and it has amazing woodgrain

they actually had two there and I got to take my pick of the two........ one was straight grained like the ones on the mesa site(that was very nice on its own) but the other is full of knots and swirls and is just simply amazing, it is made from one board and the there is a big circle that wraps around the corner like an mc escher clock,the grain of the last board flows into the next

I am on dial up (on a farm MILES from anywhere,cant even get regular high speed)but tommorrow I am finally getting my two way high speed satelite put in so I will be uploading pics within a day or two.

I will get some high rez shots uploaded as soon as I can!

I GOT MY AMP!!!! after two and a half month wait I got my amp and it has amazing woodgrain
Nice! .....still waiting for photos......

Yeah, but the upcharge for my hardwood Mark IV (at the time) was only about $350...and for the Mark V it was only $175.

Well to clarify, the $179 upcharge is just for a different colored vinyl and choice of grill... not for hardwood. Private reserve hardwood will run at least $1069... and this stuff is beyond that. The wood was hand picked and each amplifier is made from one piece. I was also told by Mesa/Boogie that they will not offer these woods on any amps in the future... so if figured Sapele or French Walnut is your thing, these will be the only amps you can get it on.

So I don't normally do this, but I am just letting everyone know we just got in one of the Walnut limited edition MARK V combos available for sale. There are only 20 in the entire U.S.! We are an authorized boogie dealer and this is in the FACTORY SEALED BOX. Feel free to email me or call the store with any questions!
[email protected] 651-686-4007

I've got number 10 of 75 in Saple. Spend the money, it may hit hard at first, she is so pretty.......

iceman something has to be wrong with your add, it says 'mesa/Boogie Mark V 1x12 Limited Edition, #57 of 75, Combo Guitar Amplifier - 40th Anniversary, Sapele'

i was under the impression that the first 20 made they made from sapele and the rest from walnut meaning anything over # 20 is walnut. if that really is sapele how many sapely did they really make?

I'm almost 100% certain that they only made 20 in the Sapele. I was pretty lucky to get #2, which to my understanding was the 1st one in Sapele that they made. I was told, #1 was in the Walnut, and wasn't sold, but kept by Mesa, since it was the very 1st one made. These 1st two were used for the Mesa pics and advertising. Then as they went into production, #2 through #21 were Sapele, and all the rest are in the Walnut. Anyway, this is what I've been led to believe by an number of Mesa reps, and may or may not be exactly correct.

Yes, they only made 20 of the Sapel, they ran out of wood. I have number 10. The fact that they only made 20 of the Sapel, should make them even more of a collector piece.

**** thats nice. If I wasn't using tons of Guitar center gift cards to by my amp, I'd pick that up... unless you want to take them as payment :) hahhahah

dmcguitar said:
**** thats nice. If I wasn't using tons of Guitar center gift cards to by my amp, I'd pick that up... unless you want to take them as payment :) hahhahah

....... how much are "tons" of gift cards?

:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back