4 Button Footswitch - What every Tremoverb owner will want!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

art_n_music

Reaction score
I just got this after market four-button footswitch for my TOV head yesterday and I'm really happy with it! It is a nice solid feeling footswitch box. Although not industrial strength, it seems very sturdy. It incorporates all four footswitchable features for the TOV in one box; Channel, Tremolo, Reverb and Loop. One 20' line comes out of the box that splits into four 1/4" jacks at the opposite end matching the inputs on the back of the head.
I got my 'new to me' TOV a while ago without a channel changing footswitch. I have to say having all the features available in one box really increases my satisfaction with the head. I really didn't want four boxes with four lines out there and was originally looking just for the channel switch. I mentioned to the guy that made it, that I would love to have everything available in one box and he said he had just finished assembling this new box. While his individual footswitch for channels is relatively cheap, this one is probably his most expensive box. But compared to four individual boxes from Mesa, it's a great deal. This box cost me $139 + shipping; not cheap but I feel it is well worth the price for the added features the amp now has for me.
The guy that built it is named James and calls his business Voodoomanswitches. His website (voodoomanswitches.com) is still not very functional but is coming. He makes 1 or 2 button switches for lots of amp brands that run around $30-$40, including the Mark III. But the work involved in the 4 button TOV one is pretty extensive.
There are two small quirks that apparently there is no work around for: The tremolo LED pulses in time with the trem oscilation rate, no biggie. And the reverb LED light runs counter to what it should. The indicator LED is off when engaged and on when disengaged. Apparently something to do with the way the connections are made within the amp, I don't really know, just that the only other thing you can do with these two features is to not have LEDs, so again, no biggie really.
James seems like a great guy, very good communications, even called me when I had questions. If you search 'footswitch' on ebay, you'll find a bunch of his 1 and 2 button boxes, but you would probably need to email him for this box. He can do lots of customized stuff for you if you need, too. His email address is: [email protected] .

I have no connection with him other than really liking this box and thought there must be a lot of TOV owners that would appreciate this information.

Voodoo1.jpg

Voodoo2.jpg

I saw that on e-bay and was considering it. With the bugs in it I don't think I'll be purchasing it for that price. I rarely turn the reverb or tremolo on or off. What I really need is a two in 1 box that does the channel and the loop. I saw one go for $10 + shipping from him. I was all set to bid, then my son wanted me to read to him and I missed bidding.

I just now bought another mesa switch so that will have me set.

yea i am about to get a tremoverb and i saw those and they look nice, but too expensive. i saw this on musicians friend http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IFS4X-TBX-Tone-Blaster-extreme-4-Button-Footswitch?sku=481061 and i wondered if i put a 1 stereo to 2 mono splitter on the ends if it would work, i dont really see why not. but maybe the switch doesnt work like a normal switch does.

Latest posts

Back