2x12 and 4x12 together??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanchez

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Now that I have the amp of my dreams I was thinking about what is the best way to run speaker cabs.

At the moment I have a 4x12 mesa stantard slant cab and am running it in stereo. I was thinking of adding a 2x12 but don't know if it runs in 8 ohms mono.

Can this be done with no damage to either the amp or speakers and will it give me a good full tone or is it fine to continue to run the 4x12 in stereo and push it as hard as I like without worry??

What are you thoughts?

Thanks

Sanchez

I've seen pictures of people using a mix 2x12's and 4x12's but they are probably using multiple heads.

Oh if you were asking if the 2x12 is an 8 ohm cabinet, it is :D

So I think you have a correct match running a 4x12 (8ohms) and a 2x12 (8 ohms) using the two 4 ohm outputs on the amp. I believe :oops:

Sanchez, your using a Triaxis preamp right?
I run mine with 3 different cabs(at times).
A VHT FatBottom 4x12 on one side...8ohms
Mesa Recto 2x12 and Genz Benz 2x12 George Lynch on the other side..running two(8ohm) cabs on one side = 4ohm load for each.
YES, it sounds massive. I have done the VHT 4x12 in stereo,
but adding the 2x12's on the other side brings true meaning to what
the Triaxis is all about in "stereo".

I have run all 3 cabs at once. I stack the 2x12's on one side..and the 4x12 on the other.
But,I usually stick to the 2x12's(one on each side for my Triaxis) and use the 4x12 for my Dual Recto head

Latest posts

Back