2 heads/gcx/lehle p-split II

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interrogate

Reaction score
hi thought i`d run this past you guys to see if anyones else runs there rig the same way or knows of a better way to do so, i`m currently running my dual rec using a voodoo labs gcx setup for channel switching plus effects switching. I only use a mxr phase 90, maxon 808 and a mxr delay which are all out front. I somtimes run just 2 heads ( dual rec + solo 50 ) on there own through a stereo cab and i split the signal using a Lehle P-split ( http://www.lehle.com/products/P-Split/index.php?country=other&lang=en ) which works really well and cancels out all the phase and hum issues. I know you can run 2 heads through the gcx but i`ve read bout the hum and phase issues, so i`m wondering would it be ok to split my signal after my gcx using the lehle split, so i can use the gcx for the effects and amp channel switching on both heads?

Thanks for any help in advance with this.

depending on what you want to do with your setup.
i run a dual recto + roadster head in stereo. for me the RG-16 was the better way to do instead of the GCX.
in the first four loops there are four MXR pedals, after that i splitt the signal with the lehle p-split II (as you do), from the sends of the preamps i go back to loop 5+6 where i can select between the signal of the recto or roadster or both preamps in parallel after that i have an IPS33B harmonizer looped in 7+8 and from there i go to the g-major (using both inputs) - from the stereo outputs of the g-major i go back to both amps return jacks.
yes, this setup causes hum, due to bringing two different amp grounds together more than one time. i isolated the send and return of the recto, now everything is quiet. i only need the noisegate to eliminate the transform noise of the amps.
the setup is not easy to wire up and it took me a few hours to work it out, but it works fine!

I do not see why not.

I use my GCX with two amps .....

Once the single is split on the back I use loop 1 to turn on and off one of the amps. This amp is set up for poweramp distortion and has no effects (dry). This amp is only turned on to mix with some distorted sounds from the other amp.

The other amp is on all the time and has any and all effects(wet).

I have not had problems with phase or noise with this set up so far.

depending on what you want to do with your setup.
i run a dual recto + roadster head in stereo. for me the RG-16 was the better way to do instead of the GCX.
in the first four loops there are four MXR pedals, after that i splitt the signal with the lehle p-split II (as you do),

yeah thats exactly what i wanna do, then use the other 4 loops for channel switching the amps. I don`t run anything through the amp loops so it will just be gcx, p-split, amps.

Once the single is split on the back I use loop 1 to turn on and off one of the amps. This amp is set up for poweramp distortion and has no effects (dry). This amp is only turned on to mix with some distorted sounds from the other amp.

thats a really good idea also! as the clean channel on the dual has more headroom than the solo 50 i could use the dual just for the cleans and both amps for my distortion.

thanks very much guys for your time and help

interrogate said:
yeah thats exactly what i wanna do, then use the other 4 loops for channel switching the amps. I don`t run anything through the amp loops so it will just be gcx, p-split, amps.

so i would set the p-split in front of the gcx, go with both outlets to the gcx. outlet 1 to loop 1 input, isoout to input loop 2. from the loop send jacks go to the amp inputs.
while you turn on loop 1, your 1st amp gets signal, while turning on loop 2 your 2nd amp gets signal.
so you don´t need the fx-loops of the amps and you need less cables for the wiring.

Latest posts

Back