2:90 Switch Problem...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenevil

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has experienced this problem before. When I fire up my 2:90 everything is ok until I engage a channel on the Triaxis with two switches together. I usually have the deep and modern switch active and when I click on the appropriate channel, the lights on the 2:90 for the switches are really bright for about 1 second then dim down so that they are barely lit. However, when I use just one switch (modern or deep) the light is brightly lit. Also the deep by it's self sounds killer but when I switch on both deep and modern the tone sounds horrible, very weak and low. I want to call Boogie and have them take a look at the 2:90 but I was curious to find out if anyone on the board has had the same problem and knows what is actually causing it. Thanks...

Well, Correct me if I am incorrect (anyone?)

From how I understand, and use the 2:90, you are only supposed to use one power amp setting... Each setting uses the power tubes uniquely... I dont even know what you would do to the amp if you split its power section two ways...

I wouldnt reccomend it, and I dont remember any presets from the factory coming with 2 of the options activated - Essentially the options are mutually exclusive.

Howitzer said:
Well, Correct me if I am incorrect (anyone?)

From how I understand, and use the 2:90, you are only supposed to use one power amp setting... Each setting uses the power tubes uniquely... I dont even know what you would do to the amp if you split its power section two ways...

I wouldnt reccomend it, and I dont remember any presets from the factory coming with 2 of the options activated - Essentially the options are mutually exclusive.

Thanks for the response Howitzer, when I read your reply I was thinking maybe that was the issue but a look at the manual confirmed that you can use all three voicing options at the same time.

I never noticed if a tube problem can cause this, but if not than there's something wrong internally.

Yes, you can have the three switches active simultaneously - deep, half and modern.

I had that problem with an earlier 2.90, can't remember what caused it though.

This sounds like an experience I once had with my 1994 2:90. It turned out to be a bad capacitor. I had it repaired locally for $65.00.

Latest posts

Back