• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1958 Historic Reissue Les Paul w/ Custom Shop Duncans

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDGuitaristT

Reaction score
For Sale here is a fine example of Gibson’s artistry in craftsmanship—my beloved 1958 VOS Historic Reissue Les Paul. The guitar was made in 2006.

DSCF4711.jpg

I purchased this guitar as new from an online dealer in 2006 who claimed to have only opened the case to snap photos. It arrived as new.

The guitar is finished in a stunning tobacco sunburst. The plain maple top is in fact not so plain. Pools of rings and assorted specks make this guitar an undeniable looker. Trust me when I tell you that pictures do not do justice. This guitar is stunning.

UPGRADES:
You might also notice the aged double cream Custom Shop Seymour Duncan pickups I had made especially for this instrument. These pickups are the result of a collaboration between myself and MJ from Duncan’s CS.

The bridge pickup reads 9.3K, an enthralling take on a PAF on steroids. Just the right amount of bite, lots of warmth…clarity. The neck pickup reads 7.8K. Just a terrific throaty, woody tone. Both have A2 magnets. Also included in the advertisement are the original aged nickel covers that came with the pickups if you want to restore that look.

Under the hood, I have installed the RS Guitarworks Premium Electronic Upgrade with CTS 500K pots and Hovland capacitors. After reading so much hype on the kit, I had to try it out. I was rewarded with a much smoother, more usable taper and an unprecedented amount of clarity that I have personally never heard in a Les Paul before.

These upgrades cost me roughly $500 and never once have I regretted the investment.

CONCERNS and ASKING PRICE:
As you can see in the pictures directed from the bottom of this page, there are a few notable dings in the guitar from normal use (trust me, I take care of my guitars, and this one was no exception). The back of the guitar has typical wear, but nothing breaking the finish. The neck has mellowed a little bit with its thin nitrocellulose finish.

I have all the original case candy, the original pickguard, and the certificate of authenticity. The flap on the inside of the case came a little loose (thank a 6 year old for that one), but luckily it is still functional and I’m sure is not a hard fix should you want to. The original jack plate cracked so I replaced it with an authentic Gibson part.

I bought this guitar for $2400 and have invested several hundred dollars into it. I’m not sure what good dealers are shelling these out for anymore, but I feel that my asking price of $2300 shipped and insured is fair. Trust me, at this price, you will not find a better Lester.

Please, if you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, contact me via PM. Thanks for looking. Happy trails.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/JDGuitaristT/

Latest posts

Back