Do you use the loop of your V 25 or 35?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfiesig

Reaction score
Coming from a Marshall JVM HJS, I’m use to having the ability to have the effects loop on or off each channel. With the 35 (and 25) if it’s in the loop and on, it’s coming through.

How do you guys use the loop? Do you use it much?

When I first got my MV:35 it was my first amp with a loop (the other amps are Rambler and Vicky Double Deluxe). I've been just running everything through the front of the ampforever, but my effects needs are simple. For my MV:35 I just use a light OD for the clean ch, delay, chorus, trem and wha and maybe I'll have to add a vibe pedal depending on what songs are in the set list. Also know that I use the Cab Clone to FOH. After awhile I just got tired of all the extra cables for the loop (just too much spaghetti), I tried everything in front of the amp and found that it worked fine. So I just quit using the loop - if at some point my needs change, I can always go back to the loop, but no one in the band has said my effects sound crappy through the front of the amp and the live band recordings seem to back that up.

Yep, I use the fx loop all the time, I have a King Tone Duellist into the front of my MK V 35 combo to give me light drive tones on top of the clean channel and have a Strymon El Capistan and Flint into the FX loop. I use the Flint reverb all the time and don't use the onboard amp reverb at all. The pedals through the loop sound excellent on both channel 1 and 2.

I have used it for a bit with a Canyon Reverb pedal, but 99% of the time I play the amp "dry" and add all effects via Reaper. I thought the overall sound quality of the loop was good, however.

Latest posts

Back