New (to me) Mark2C+ gut shots!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me for chiming in . My MK II DRG C+ has a 3.3k on presence. It came that way from factory. Should I change it to 1.5k? Not sure if this is relevant but my preampy is a RP11a. Thanks.

Going through previous amp photos looks like it can be either 3.3k or 1.5k, being in series with presence pot shouldn't really matter just adjust to taste

Thanx for rep!y! Going down in resistance, how would that affect presence? Thank you, Jim. Side note. I have all of the bright reduction mods from factory.1000pf in parallel with 270k on V4A. 10pf across 3.3 meg. BB claims that is should be 20pf for Simuls. Blessings. Jim

Henz said:
Thanx for rep!y! Going down in resistance, how would that affect presence? Thank you, Jim. Side note. I have all of the bright reduction mods from factory.1000pf in parallel with 270k on V4A. 10pf across 3.3 meg. BB claims that is should be 20pf for Simuls. Blessings. Jim

Hey - do you have any pics of your circuit/board?

I’m after the opposite where I don’t want the bright reduction

Yes, I have lots of gut shots of my amp but don't know how to upload them here. Make sure that we are on same page. I have the RP11A preamp board.

Henz said:
Yes, I have lots of gut shots of my amp but don't know how to upload them here.

https://imgbb.com/ Go here and upload

Then hit the drop down and select BBCode Full Linked

Then hit copy (or manually copy the entire link)

Then paste it here. You can hit preview here first to see the pic

I'm on my Kindle now. None on this gadget. My laptop has a folder full of them . when on LT , do I open folder and select picts to upload? It might be easier if we were on a different platform. Like messenger or something. If we have the exact amp, I can tell you exactly what to look for inside chassis.

Henz said:
I'm on my Kindle now. None on this gadget. My laptop has a folder full of them . when on LT , do I open folder and select picts to upload? It might be easier if we were on a different platform. Like messenger or something.

If you click that link you can hit ‘start uploading’ and then it’s as per the steps I listed. This way everyone who comes through can see and provide direction and help us both.

I'll do it when I'm on laptop. What areas do you want me to focus on? Is there a limit to how many picts I can upload? If we have the exact amp, I can tell you what caps need to be removed and/ or changed if you open your chassis.

Henz said:
I'll do it when I'm on laptop. What areas do you want me to focus on? Is there a limit to how many picts I can upload? If we have the exact amp, I can tell you what caps need to be removed and/ or changed if you open your chassis.

I have posted my entire circuit a few posts above.

If you can identify what areas in my circuit have the bright reduction mod and how I can remove it that would be helpful.

Thanks

Is it the gut shot with no verb? If so, that appears to be a RP10 preamp board. And I have zero experience with them. That sux because I love to help ppl. Its hard to see those caps near that orange drop. For what its worth, look for a plate resistor, 270k (red,purple, yellow color bands) and see if there is a ceramic cap soldered in parallel with it. The cap might have 10k 1000v printed on it.

Henz said:
Is it the gut shot with no verb? If so, that appears to be a RP10 preamp board. And I have zero experience with them. That sux because I love to help ppl. Its hard to see those caps near that orange drop. For what its worth, look for a plate resistor, 270k (red,purple, yellow color bands) and see if there is a ceramic cap soldered in parallel with it. The cap might have 10k 1000v printed on it.

Yup that’s mine! Okay I’ll have a look as you suggest and report back. Thanks for the help:)

Yw! just spent the last 20 minutes or so studying your gut shot. Since V4 is out of play, I'm assuming that V3, both sides, are your lead channel. And I really can't tell by the picture that if that orange drop with those two caps with silicone on them are going to the plate of V3 ( towards rear). As you probably know, be careful. High voltages inside. If probing around, use ONE hand and put other hand in pocket. Blessings and good luck. I'm just as curious as you are.

Greetings. I'm A bit late to the party as usual. Hope all is well. Its been a while but if you haven't done the bright mod, that orange drop on left side, third preamp tube, that yellow lead goes to the 270k resistor. That's where you put the 1000pf 1kv ceramic cap. Put it in parallel. One side cap goes to one side of resistor and so on. Those solder pads don't like heat very much. They tend to lift. Blessings, Jim

Latest posts

Back