6-92 gut shots/chassis pics

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
In keeping with my excitement over the new amp, here are the gut shots. The other shots are of a 2005 dual rectifier. Two very different looking things! yet two beasts nontheless! (in case some of the thumnails do not show, click on any given one that does appear and a small slideshow appears on the bottom where you can select any pic. you could also save them to your drive and view full screen)

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=pelotero&AID=3615226

EDIT: if you look in pic 11, i *think* that's where the circuit revision number is written. it says C 6182 and then some guys name. the number next to is says T6172.

EDIT******* the amp is rev RF1C

lol..the theme music is picked by the program, not me. but that's a cool song for that!

As for the cleaning, yes that's actually what I was going to do. I did some searches on the forum and you summed it all up.

As for the tones and parts, here's a really cool idea i just had at work:

The chrome's transformers, I surmise, have a higher efficieny rating than the newer one's. This would equate to less sag and consequently a more focused tone. (I'm relating this according to the convos we've had about the 100 and 105 PT's). So.....wouldn't it be cool as hell, if possible, to strip out the old transformers and place them on the 3ch?! It is possible this would clean up the 3ch tone. Imagine having that versatility with THE tone! It is also possible, and cheaper, to just slave the 3ch into the old one, assuming the transformer's functions are all post-pre-amp. That'd be sick as hell and LOUD!! Anyone with an idea please chime in!

-this is all theory obviously. the preamps and other operations affect the tone also, but this would be a cool test to isolate the functions of the transformers.

o well...then so much for that theory. i may still try the slaving just for fun on a given weekend... so the OT is from a mark 3 ehh...(mmm C+ simul....any 100/60 watters around....=) jk i'd never do that. i've actually found some really good tones w. the 3ch. I love the pushed and raw modes a lot also. the modern is just not nailing that "tone in my head," and the one i bought definately does. the 3ch is still good though in mdrn for different applications. i did a lot of messing w. tubes over the weekend and found a really good clear tone using 5u4gb and str420's. i may end up selling it to a close friend to keep it within reach if i ever want it for something.

at first i really liked ch2 mdrn because it was warmer. but then after a while i think i mistook the warmth for "darkness" and that's when i figured out the difference in the two presence controls.

either way i'll look into that and run a couple tests....

Latest posts

Back