Wooden face plate for Dual Rec head?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wstinnett

Reaction score
I have a Dual Rectifier, and being an avid woodworker, I've been thinking about trying to replace the diamond plate panel with some nice figured wood. I've read a few threads about removing the diamond plate - but I haven't seen anyone discuss removing the entire wood panel from the front of the headshell.

I thought I would find out if anyone had any experience in something like this before I go disassembling my head to try and figure out how to get that thing apart. Does anyone know how the headshell is assembled?

good idea and should be really easy to do! go for it and post pix

Thanks.

I'm hesitant to start pulling the amp apart just yet, I have to use if for a gig in about 2 weeks.

If I knew what was going to be invloved in removing that board - I might be a little quicker to try and tackle it.

Im pretty sure all you need to do is unscrew it from behind, after youve taken the chassis out of course, pop it out measure, make new and put it in!

cellardweller said:
Will ~ Don't you have a guitar to make or something? :lol:

When did you pick up a DR anyway?

I have 4 guitars to make! I have a freaking waiting list already. :lol:

So yeah, you're right, I do not have time to do this. Nor do I have time to post on forums. :D

I just got it. It smokes my other heads by an incredible margin. I'm a Boogie convert big time. Perhaps the diamond plate will grow on me....?

The diamond plate is secured by dual sided adhesive tape. To take the diamond plate off, use a heat gun to soften up the adhesive a bit. Then just pry it off very gently.

Finally got around to doing this.

It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

100_2718Medium.jpg

That's sweet man! Nice job! Beautiful wood grain. You should make it detachable and make a few of them with different stains, then you could change them out like you do your jewel light.

-AJH

Oh wow that looks even better. I was thinking that the light wood looked great, but wasn't reflective of the dark nature of the beast it was gracing. My instict would have been to use a dark stain or a dark wood, like cherry or something. It looks fantastic now! So, where do i sign up for one? 8)

Latest posts

Back