Whats your favorite pedal with the Lonestar?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...BB Preamp + OCD v3 for me and someday I'll add the RC Booster...Xotic pedals are great with LSC!!!

This thread hasn’t been touched in awhile and the pedal market has exploded since then. Does anyone have any new suggestions for pedals that go well with the LSS?

steigermartin said:
This thread hasn’t been touched in awhile and the pedal market has exploded since then. Does anyone have any new suggestions for pedals that go well with the LSS?

Mesa 5 Band GEQ in the loop

thirstypirate said:
rarebitusa said:
Mesa 5 Band GEQ in the loop
That's a **** good idea...

FWIW... it's a much different setting then the deep V pattern scooping say on a Mark, typically using Ch2 with the Drive you'll get that blanket type tone, which may be good, but for some variation start with just dialing back the 80 & 240 hz a bit, leave 750hz flat and maybe push up 2200/6000 slightly. It's pretty responsive to the adjustments

Thanks for the tips! I have been used this technique in the box when I run guitar through Amplitube but haven't ever tried it with an amp. You mentioned the blanket type tone on Channel 2. Have you tried the Reeder Mod?

thirstypirate said:
Thanks for the tips! I have been used this technique in the box when I run guitar through Amplitube but haven't ever tried it with an amp. You mentioned the blanket type tone on Channel 2. Have you tried the Reeder Mod?

I haven't.. but did think about it. :) Some of the others mods posted here sound like nice improvements too, for me however just found the EQ by itself or in combination with other pedals provided the desired tonal variations. Been using the GEQ in the loop with my IIC+ HR for years so when the LSS showed up it was a familiar approach. Luv the Lonestar. 8)

I did the Reeder mod way back when it was all unfolding on this forum and have left it in all these years. It would be a fun sound experiment to try the GEQ approach and see if you could get the same results in a side by side test.

Back