What are you guys reading??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 2 going - Smokey Yunick's autobiography and a history of the crusades (can't remember the title). Before that I read Ken Womack's Long and Winding Roads which is a musical history of the Beatles, highly recommend it.

I finished "Aikido and the Dynamic Sphere" not too long ago.
I'm working on a thesis that is required along with the physical testing for my 3rd degree black belt in American Kenpo Karate.
I am using information from the book as part of that thesis. I plan on testing this summer and I've got a lot of work to do.

Riff Blister said:
I'm working on a thesis that is required along with the physical testing for my 3rd degree black belt in American Kenpo Karate.
I am using information from the book as part of that thesis. I plan on testing this summer and I've got a lot of work to do.

Good luck with your testing. That is quite an achievement!

410BCgbgZpL._SS500_.jpg

lesterpaul said:
ahh...Sun Tzu..you aren't playing around!(teaching AP History is my day job...)
you might dig Neil Peart's GHOST RIDER book..its about how he dealt with the loss of his wife and daughter...

Allright Lester!! so as a History teacher you sure have some great reading tips, nice!

yes, Sun Tzu is good when you need to gather some knowledge to beat some enemies at the office :wink:

A friend of mine already read the NP book, he said it's pretty sad but also very wise and positive.

Riff Blister said:

Nice. good luck on your thesis.

do you like Jiu Jitsu as well?? (have a friend that's teaching JJ to the swat guys in Austin).

i had plans to get some lessons, but the "cauliflower ear" effect let me down. plus the fear of break a finger/arm.

ned said:
I've got 2 going - Smokey Yunick's autobiography and a history of the crusades (can't remember the title). Before that I read Ken Womack's Long and Winding Roads which is a musical history of the Beatles, highly recommend it.

I love history books, specially about the middle ages and such (im pretty sure I lived in the Irish fjords in past lives :D

Latest posts

Back