Well It's not a real Mark 5, but close . . .

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea, an english version of the page would probably help him a lot

stephen sawall said:
They look cool ....
Any chance of a English translation ?
My French is not very good ?
did you try this?
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=sk&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpedroneamps.blogspot.com%2F&sl=pt&tl=en&swap=1

maybe not perfect translation, but it should be enough to understand what's written there.

btw it looks cool, very nice work :wink:

So are US patents not protected in Brazil? It looks like the marc 2 has S class(simul class?) or class A, and the normal tweed power...

also they made a silver jubilee..

im not sure where patent stuff ends, since there are plenty of amp makers that make Plexis and other marshall amps (sometimes even better than marshall)

4Eyes said:
stephen sawall said:
They look cool ....
did you try this?
http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=sk&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpedroneamps.blogspot.com%2F&sl=pt&tl=en&swap=1

maybe not perfect translation, but it should be enough to understand what's written there.

btw it looks cool, very nice work :wink:

Thank you !!!

Oh....My....God....That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I drew my dream amp while I was bored in a lecture the other day and that's pretty much it. I need sound clips. I have to have them....to define me as a person.

Hey guys, thanks and sorry, i was out of town yesterday.

here it goes a transaslastion for it: 8)

Departing from the Le Marc model, shown in the video recorded by guitarist Alexandre Bicudo, we developed the Le Marc2 model, with some new features and specs added:

- 3 independent channels with dedicated gain, middle, bass, treble, presence and volume knobs
- Bright switch on the clean channel and fat on crunch and overdrive channels for different tones
- Overdrive channel with extra gain controls and bright and harmonics/gain for added versatility for od tones
- Shift switch (crunch/od channels) that increase bass response on power amp section
- TBP Serial effect loops
- TBP Parallel effect loops with mix knob on front panel
- Spring reverb
- Graphic 5 band EQ with dedicated volume knob
- Footswitchable Boost/solo function
- Slave out with dedicated volume knob
- Recording out
- Silent switch for silent recording
- 3 power levels that go from 8 to 85watts
- 4x12ax7 preamp tubes and 4x 6L6 power tubes (with optional 2x6L6 and 2xEL34)
- Possibility to use 4x 6V6 on the lower power settings
- Intelligent footswitch, with fast access to functions and channels, via stereo banana cable
- Separated leds for channels and functions
- Assignable switches for channels/functions to pre-assign the feature for the choosen channel

dmcguitar said:
So are US patents not protected in Brazil? It looks like the marc 2 has S class(simul class?) or class A, and the normal tweed power...

im not sure where patent stuff ends, since there are plenty of amp makers that make Plexis and other marshall amps (sometimes even better than marshall)

hummm, good point i really dont know how that work for small cos/builders here.

cause Tagima (the guitar co that endorses Kiko Loureiro and Edu Ardanuy) had to change their headstock according to the Fender suit.

gonna check that out.

it's not from the Le Marc2, it's the original Le marc, but i think it's a good starting point. soon he send me the Le Marc2 vídeo i'll post here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9cicVOfkns

JimmyB said:
stephen sawall said:
They look cool ....
French? Well... I suppose there are one or two people in Brazil who speak French! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Je ne pense pas que c'est le cas, peut-être quelques quinze ou vingt :D

dmcguitar said:

well, check that out and what ive been told is that technology isnt Mr. Smith creation, it's all in the tube techonology Bible "RCA Radiotron Handbook" and is set like "common knowledge" or something and looks like Mr smith is the king of the "fake patent", he patents (is that a word?)things that werent their creations :?

as for the changes, Pedrone said he added the small switcces on the front so you can program the function that you want to work on each channel (eg, channel 1 with the loop always on, ch 3 with EQ and so forth).

plus he made some changes on the EQ circuit. according to him, Mesa uses come crap stuff on their EQ, like inductors and transistors, instead he uses the best ICs on the mkt, so it's CLEAN with coloring in tone at all. just boost or cut the frequencies. :)

the next thing he's working is to add midi capabilities to her. :shock:

The RCA was wrote to promote the sale of there products back then. The are a lot of things Randy has done that are not in that book. To get the patent he needed to prove they were different. You guys better be sure. It well just be a pain in the a$$ for you. I do not think he well go after you till you try to make money off it.

dmcguitar said:

Patents are interesting. Basically, Randall or Boogie would have to register the patent in that Country and they only have a certain time frame to do it in. He may have a US patent but that is not worldwide protection, so I think he is protected in his own country i.e. Brazil can copy it and but Boogie could challenge if Brazil tries to sell it in the US. Also, like was mentioned earlier, you cannot patent common knowledge. I'm not suggesting that simul class is common knowlegde, but I would guess class A is or someone like RCA would have had the original patent which I think is only good for 25 years anyway. Then anyone can sell copies to their heart's content.

Le Marc 2 seems pretty cool!

stephen sawall said:
RCA gave most of it away ... hoping people would buy there stuff to make things. It worked for the better part.

yeah, cause in the long run, it's better to teach people how to fish then give away the fish itself and then just sell the fishing rod 8)

Very cool- I'm almost positive that I'm going to pick up a Mark V but how much is he selling these for?

Latest posts

Back