V 25 versus V 35

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidmeiland

Reaction score
I've been playing a V 25 combo for a while now, and like it. I'm mostly playing it plugged into speaker cabinets and don't love the 10" creamback, so I am planning to sell it and get the head version. Anyone here compared the 25 and the 35? Any good reason to spend more and get the 35 if I'm going this route?

My opinion would be that unless you need the “solo” knob functions, footswitch control of those solo functions, or the extra 10 watts, then the 25 should be fine. The rest of the features look pretty much the same. I don’t know what the price difference is though….

Roughly speaking the street price for a used 25 head is around 1100 and the 35 is around 1600. The preamp section looks pretty much identical. There's a little extra control of the mid band on the #1 channel on the 35. There's the solo function and the extra power setting at 35 watts on the 35.

I think I'm just gonna stick with the 25. The extra 500 bucks probably doesn't translate into radically better tone and in any case with my playing it won't really show...

Latest posts

Back