TRIAXIS users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

18&Life

Reaction score
I retubed my triaxis with 5 sovtek 12AX7 WB tubes.
I noticed a huge difference between the original mesa and those kids.
There's more distortion at the same parameter value.
Harmonics everywhere.
Very lush distortions sounds.
Cleans are more tight,more vivid tones.
To my ears it is really an improvement.

For those who are about to retube , try them. :wink:

If you like sovteks you are probably going to like other tubes much better. Sovteks are very low priced generic tubes. They are good for being reliable but not as good as other tubes for tone. I suggest that YOU try other tubes.

You should not notice a big difference when changing tubes but when you go from tubes that are REALLY old or have some problems you will notice a big change in tone.

Greg

I already tried jj hi gain tesla wich a lot of people said they are awsome,to me they sucked my triaxis tone and ruined its distortion,so they are garbage.
Trying different tubes is good when you are in USA.
Trying them here will be more expensive than buying an amp !!!

18&Life said:
I already tried jj hi gain tesla wich a lot of people said they are awsome,to me they sucked my triaxis tone and ruined its distortion,so they are garbage.
Trying different tubes is good when you are in USA.
Trying them here will be more expensive than buying an amp !!!

people from the US ship international. I use JJ sometimes but you must have a good set. I had a set that sounded like garbage until i replaced them with different JJ's and the amp sounded 100% better. I like a mix of JJ and chinese Mesa tubes in my TA but Sovs aren't my cup of tea.

Greg

Latest posts

Back