Triaxis 2:90 and Boss GT PRO

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mercurialuk

Reaction score
Has anyone used this combo? how did you set it up, what do you think of it?

I'm having real trouble with my triaxis and 2:90 im currently using a gmajor, but it just dosnt have the enough effects on it as i would like, i came from using a gt3 on its own through an amp, and now i want to use obviously my tri and 2:90 for distortions, cleans, and an effects unit for the rest ie phasers etc either on top or independantly,

Im thinking of this combo because i currently have a gt 8 and like the effects range however i hear awful things about boss stuff wen you try and combine it with the tri,

any help in suggestions etc,

any views would be helpful, thanks

what effect does boss have that g major doesn't have ???!!!!

Well there is quite afew actually and features that i liked on the gt8/pro aswell such as sub eq very good range of compressors etc, also things like ring mods autowahs, etc, again, i was just looking for opinions if anyone had used this combo, i think the gmajor is cheaply made, and is no where near as user friendly as the boss stuff, its just my opinion and was looking for help,

do you have ne ideas on other products? rocktron for example?

cheers chris

The 2:90/GT-Pro sounds like and awesome combo. Ive been using a GT-3 for abotu 5 years, i love the Boss multi-fx products. I was just wondering though (forgive me if this seems like a silly question) but can you have the GT-Pro in a rack system and still get the full effects of say the 2:90 with a V-Twin as a pre-amp? As in just use the Pro purely for effects and bypass the preamps on it without disturbing the Mesa tone?

I like to use a wide variety of different fx so im always looking to simplify my setup. Just wondering how you use yours?

I have been using the triaxis with the gt pro for a year and a half. I run a five cable method setup (six if you are running stereo). I plug the guitar into the gt, then gt loop out into the triaxis input, then the trixis effects send to the gt pro effects return then the gt pro main out to the triaxis effects return. then i use the triaxis main out to my 2:50, and the record out the the mixing board. It works well. You will have to play with the levels on the effect send to and return to get better tone. This setup allows you to use all the gt pros effects with the trixais in any order you want. In addtion because the gt pro ulimatly passes through the triaxis even if you just use the preamp of the gt pro for some of your tones, they will sound better.
Hope this helps

Hey guys, wow this was a very old post. I went for the GT Pro combined with my TA/2:90 and also kept the G Major, the combination works great,

I have it set similar to the guy above, i have it set so i can bypass the GT Pro completely which is what i do on all my heavy rhythm patches, not losing my TA tone, and then can combine any combination, ie TA with GT pro either just for effects or combining two Pre Amps ie TA left Pro right, TA on its own TA with G major, or all of them etc etc, its great, i can get any combination i want,

Couldnt be happier, the varity i can get is great as i love to play with "weird sounds"

Hey guys, wow this was a very old post. I went for the GT Pro combined with my TA/2:90 and also kept the G Major, the combination works great,

I have it set similar to the guy above, i have it set so i can bypass the GT Pro completely which is what i do on all my heavy rhythm patches, not losing my TA tone, and then can combine any combination, ie TA with GT pro either just for effects or combining two Pre Amps, TA on its own TA with G major, or all of them etc etc, its great, i can get any combination i want,

Couldnt be happier, the varity i can get is great as i love to play with "weird sounds"

Do you notice any tone loss by plugging to the GT-Pro first? I don't know how good GT-Pro analog digital converter is, but I would expect noticeable tone loss.

??

Erm hard to say not that i'm aware of, just because you can have every element turned off on the GT, it seems fine to me, as i mentioned i use the TA solely for Rhythm, so have nothing except TA 2:90 on for all my heavy rhythm, the GT is just the input from my guitar,

I've never really been uber bothered if theres slight differences if it sounds good to me thats all that matters, but i know what you mean as its a common question, good thing bout the pro is you can position the loop (TA rest of my equipment) anywhere in the chain, and its worked great for me, i keep meaning to disconnect everything so all i'm left with is TA and 2:90 and see what it sounds like,

If i do i will let you know if there was any difference :)

Latest posts

Back